Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Musicals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musicals

I am a musical enthusiast. My primary Spotify playlist consists entirely of musical cast albums1 and currently sits at 461 songs with 0 of them Disney adaptations (as much as I love those, I couldn't justify clogging my playlist with them) and 0 jukebox musicals.2 My top 3 are pretty solidly as follows:
    1. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
    2. Les Misérables
    3. Little Shop of Horrors

I do my best to view live productions or recordings of live productions (Sweeney; Les Mis) or known faithful adaptations (Little Shop) for which I fill in the gaps with the original cast album. I've been in a few musicals, but the actual number I've seen live or been in is way too low (here's to going to see Phantom instead of having a bridal shower or bachelorette party, hopefully). Obviously I'd love to see my top three live, as well as Matilda, which looks amazing. What are your favorite musicals? Why? What musicals do you want to see?

1. Shows have cast albums. Movies have soundtracks.
    2. Jukebox musicals are musicals that take an artist or artists' music and craft a show around it, e.g. Mamma Mia! with ABBA, Jersey Boys with Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, Rock of Ages with eighties glam

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

The Sound of Music
    My Fair Lady
    Doctor Doolittle

Er, I'm out of time - be back!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Whoa. Tough one.
      Phantom was great. Le mis is great. Does mary polpins count?
      sigpic

Comment