Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What A Bunch Of Brats (Removing the flag)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
    You poor baby, did you read something you found offense on the internet?
    Sorry, but I don't get offended over the opinion of a fool. This just goes to show that I am dead right about you and you're just a bitter man-child that is so out of touch with ordinary Americans, it's not even funny. You ultra progressives apparently still haven't learned your lesson yet that many people are tired of your contempt for them and the mocking of their beliefs and customs. Guess you should start practicing saying, 'President Trump' for the next 8 years. Maybe that will help you guys learn your lesson, but judging by your holier than thou attitude and your inability to learn or pay attention to what your opponents actually said, I wouldn't count on it.

If that was really true she'd be on you all the time for the astonishingly dumb things that come out of your mouth on a constant bases.
    And yet, every time you make this claim that I 'said something stupid' you fail to prove it and usually end up making yourself look foolish instead. I mean, your claim that I don't admit to being wrong has been blown out of the water time after time, but despite your claim being blown out of the water, by my own words and actions, you continue to believe your own fantasy world vs reality. For your sake, I hope you ultra progressives wake up and stop wearing your contempt for all those little people on your sleeves or I guess you should get used to losing even worse over the next few years.

Now, go gossip about this on one of the hidden forums for moderators, you poor little thing.
    Your inflated opinion of yourself is noted. I don't gossip about you because I'm too busy raising children, going to school, maintaining a house, maintaining a marriage, and maintaining a career to worry about the opinion of a fool.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
      This is just Trump trolling the media. Hilliary Clinton proposed a bill against flag burning back in 2005.
      Yep, which goes to show why I refused to vote for that women. She changes her views on something as fast as the wind changes. She was against flag burning, back in 2005 when there was a major surge in patriotism until the popular opinion is currently that America is the great evil, that can do no right. Yet, many progressives mindlessly support a women that lies like a rug and simply says things they want to hear to get them to mindlessly support her.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        Sorry, but I don't get offended over the opinion of a fool. This just goes to show that I am dead right about you and you're just a bitter man-child that is so out of touch with ordinary Americans, it's not even funny. You ultra progressives apparently still haven't learned your lesson yet that many people are tired of your contempt for them and the mocking of their beliefs and customs. Guess you should start practicing saying, 'President Trump' for the next 8 years. Maybe that will help you guys learn your lesson, but judging by your holier than thou attitude and your inability to learn or pay attention to what your opponents actually said, I wouldn't count on it.

And yet, every time you make this claim that I 'said something stupid' you fail to prove it and usually end up making yourself look foolish instead. I mean, your claim that I don't admit to being wrong has been blown out of the water time after time, but despite your claim being blown out of the water, by my own words and actions, you continue to believe your own fantasy world vs reality. For your sake, I hope you ultra progressives wake up and stop wearing your contempt for all those little people on your sleeves or I guess you should get used to losing even worse over the next few years.

Your inflated opinion of yourself is noted. I don't gossip about you because I'm too busy raising children, going to school, maintaining a house, maintaining a marriage, and maintaining a career to worry about the opinion of a fool.
        Is that it?

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
          Tass, it is not fatalism it is simple determinism.
          So I will ask again, is everything we we think do or say determined - yes or no?
          And again, why do you bring a moral judgement against the Hebrews and not the Chimp when both behaviors are equally determined?
          Chimps behave the way they've evolved to behave to successfully maintain group living. Humans do the same but have developed ever more successful mechanisms to achieve this end. Hence the moral evolution from primitive tribal living (e.g. the Hebrews) through to the enlightened concept of universal human rights we have today.

Oh, so Christianity was not the driving force in colonialism. Thanks
          Just as atheism was not the driving force in Communism...clearly so-called Christian values had little effect upon the Christian colonialists.

Tell me exactly what changed in Christians ethics over the past two millennia because me and my Church still follow New Testament teaching. Be specific please.
          But back to mt point, there is no better or worse, morally, in your world, there is only what is.
          Demonstrably untrue as the moral success of largely secular societies (in terms of human development, non-violence and economic equity) attests.

Comment

• So everything we think do or say is NOT determined?

Chimps behave the way they've evolved to behave to successfully maintain group living. Humans do the same but have developed ever more successful mechanisms to achieve this end. Hence the moral evolution from primitive tribal living (e.g. the Hebrews) through to the enlightened concept of universal human rights we have today.
            But we still slaughter each other by the truck load, and what we do is equally determined as what the chimps do. It is not rational to morally judge our behaviors and not the chimp's. It makes no sense

Then let them come here and debate it. They will eventually deny Scripture - I have seen it a thousand times.

Demonstrably untrue as the moral success of largely secular societies (in terms of human development, non-violence and economic equity) attests.
            Nonsense, higher primates and most of humanity for most of history have flourished under absolute totalitarian rule. In your world the only thing that matters is survival, and if kindness serves that purpose then it is good, if cruelty and dominance serves that purpose then that is good.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

So everything we think do or say is NOT determined?
              Still waiting!!!!

Then let them come here and debate it. They will eventually deny Scripture - I have seen it a thousand times.
              You mean they will disagree with YOUR interpretation of New Testament teaching. Oh the arrogance! The problem with religion is that there's no mechanism to deal with mutually exclusive Christian ethics. I have seen it a thousand times.

Comment

• Seer, Tassman, get a room you two. Start yet another, nother, nother, nother thread on determinism vs free will given materialism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  Still waiting!!!!
                  Actually Joel did here:http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post390934

And you still will not give a direct answer, is everything we think do or say determined - yes or no?

The problem with religion is that there's no mechanism to deal with mutually exclusive Christian ethics. I have seen it a thousand times.
                  Of course there is, it is called Scripture for instance:

You shall not lie with a man, as with a woman: it is abomination.

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
                  Pretty straight forward isn't it.
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                    Seer, Tassman, get a room you two. Start yet another, nother, nother, nother thread on determinism vs free will given materialism.
                    Well it is my thread after all, and I just can't help myself - every time they morally attack something in scripture I feel the need to point how nonsensical that is from a deterministic world view.

Comment

Well it is my thread after all, and I just can't help myself - every time they morally attack something in scripture I feel the need to point how nonsensical that is from a deterministic world view.
                      I sympathise seer, I really do. Its just weird to see you discussing it in all sorts of threats whenever you bump into Tassman. I'm quite sure you two would start arguing it in barbecue recipe thread. I fully support your questioning him, and I don't think he gives you any good answers. I just wish you'd contain it somewhere.

Forgive me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                        I sympathise seer, I really do. Its just weird to see you discussing it in all sorts of threats whenever you bump into Tassman. I'm quite sure you two would start arguing it in barbecue recipe thread. I fully support your questioning him, and I don't think he gives you any good answers. I just wish you'd contain it somewhere.

Forgive me.
                        Yeah, we are having the same argument on the Philosophy board right now. Perhaps that will be my hell - eternally debating Tass on materialism... Of course if we were in hell together he would still deny the spiritual. He would insist that were in Oklahoma.

Comment

Actually Joel did here
                          Of course there is, it is called Scripture for instance:
                          The problem with scripture is that there's no mechanism to deal with the variety of possible interpretations.

Pretty straight forward isn't it.
                          ...and yet many sincere Christians claim biblical justification for homosexuality.

Comment

• Many sincere people disagree with some of the interpretations of Quantum physics. Or aspects of climate change. Disagreement, even sincere disagreement doesn't mean that there is no fact of the matter.
                            ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                              Many sincere people disagree with some of the interpretations of Quantum physics. Or aspects of climate change. Disagreement, even sincere disagreement doesn't mean that there is no fact of the matter.
                              True! The difference is that the various interpretations of quantum physics are potentially resolvable via verifiable scientific tests, whereas differences of interpretation re scripture cannot.

Comment

• Really Tass, tell me exactly where Joel is off. But you still refuse to answer my question - is everything we think do or say determined - yes or no? Still waiting...

The problem with scripture is that there's no mechanism to deal with the variety of possible interpretations.

...and yet many sincere Christians claim biblical justification for homosexuality.
                                Really? I would like to see that especially in light of the clear prohibitions.

Comment