Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

The Case for Christ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Case for Christ

Lee strobel's book was an experience. In some ways I could relate quite well to his experience. The differences come from him seeing Christ more as a legend and I seeing him as a well intented kook. This bookind does a great job showing the evidence and relating it in a practical way. On that regard I can put this bookind in the same mental place I keep Andy Bannister's The atheist who didnt exist and C.S Lewis's Mere christianity.

I ENJOYED IT.
    sigpic

The esoteric community believes that Christ is an allegory that resides within everyone. There was a person named "Simon the magician" who performed miracles. They believe he was the known as the "Christ" people thought of in the bible. But the stories only associated with that man wasn't intended to be a "person". The mysteries are semi symbolic stories of a spiritual transformation.

The Inner Christ is fire. Fire exists in a petrous state. Likewise, there is fire in an aqueous state. There is fire in a vaporous state, and there is fire as a burning flame without limits.

The army of the Elohim is the army of fire. Elohim takes three steps in order to descend down here into the world of forms; he has to take three steps in order to fully manifest in this physical world.
    Samael Aun Weor: The Fire Cult

Comment

Originally posted by JohnHermes View Post
      The esoteric community believes that Christ is an allegory that resides within everyone. There was a person named "Simon the magician" who performed miracles. They believe he was the known as the "Christ" people thought of in the bible. But the stories only associated with that man wasn't intended to be a "person". The mysteries are semi symbolic stories of a spiritual transformation.

That's some serious woo you've got there. That the author took the name of a satanic arch-angel should be sufficient to tell you that he shouldn't be taken seriously.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Wow, that's some serious thread necro there.
        Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnHermes View Post

And yet Jesus Christ existed as a historical person which even the most critical scholars acknowledge. The idea Christ is an allegory comes from Gnosticism, and nobody holds that view today except some crackpots and those Jesus Mythers.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X