Dear Freethinkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    No, this is something called an observation, ff.
    The gates (metaphor) of hell (another metaphor) are locked (yet another metaphor) from within, (even yet another metaphor) not without. (and one more metaphor for luck).

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      no dipweed. I meant the whole point whooshed right over YOUR head.

When it comes to science, you don't expect it to be all facts or you can't believe it. Yet when it comes to religion, you force a standard of "prove it or it ain't so!" in your desire to reject God.

double standard.

Religion isn't science and never claimed to be, yet even science requires "faith" to accept theories until they can be proven or disproven, and some can never be proven. But there can be good evidence to suggest the theories are true. Same with religion. You can't PROVE God (unless you kill yourself, then you will find out for sure) but there is pretty good evidence that he exists and that the bible is true. It is more like evidence in a trial, forensic. Not experimental evidence.

So you go right ahead and keep demanding that God appear in the sky and wave to you, while not demanding the same thing of science.

Comment

The gates (metaphor) of hell (another metaphor) are locked (yet another metaphor) from within, (even yet another metaphor) not without. (and one more metaphor for luck).
        I observe that, in your case, you don't think one lock may be sufficient, so you're determinedly adding to it.
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          I observe that, in your case, you don't think one lock may be sufficient, so you're determinedly adding to it.
          Instead of a metaphor, FF deserves reference to a fable: Sour Grapes.

It is so obvious in his posts and attitude.

Comment

Now, would fundy atheists want God to do the sapient equivalent of keeping a wild animal as a pet(isn't that what universalism would amount to?)?
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
              I wonder if any fundy atheists would still hold to their atheism even on Judgement Day? They could just claim to think God was really just the most advanced alien entity or something. That just happens to have all the attributes that are attributed to God in Christian theology...
              If Judgement Day were to happen I'd convert.
              Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by stfoskey15 View Post
                That would be too late. Jesus doesn't want people to accept salvation merely out of terror.

Comment

Originally posted by stfoskey15 View Post
                  I doubt it, actually. It's more likely you'd get defensive and dig in.
                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    no dipweed. I meant the whole point whooshed right over YOUR head.

When it comes to science, you don't expect it to be all facts or you can't believe it. Yet when it comes to religion, you force a standard of "prove it or it ain't so!" in your desire to reject God.

double standard.

Religion isn't science and never claimed to be, yet even science requires "faith" to accept theories until they can be proven or disproven, and some can never be proven. But there can be good evidence to suggest the theories are true. Same with religion. You can't PROVE God (unless you kill yourself, then you will find out for sure) but there is pretty good evidence that he exists and that the bible is true. It is more like evidence in a trial, forensic. Not experimental evidence.

So you go right ahead and keep demanding that God appear in the sky and wave to you, while not demanding the same thing of science.
                    Last edited by firstfloor; 12-05-2016, 07:17 AM.

Comment

blah blah blah
                      as usual.

Your accusation that science operates a double standard regarding faith is wrong
                      whoosh again. Are you being deliberately obtuse? I never said that. I said YOU were using a double standard on science and faith.

[rest of your rabbit trail of wrongness deleted]

Comment

as usual.

whoosh again. Are you being deliberately obtuse? I never said that. I said YOU were using a double standard on science and faith.

[rest of your rabbit trail of wrongness deleted]

Comment

You are so intent in your diatribe against religion that you can't even grasp the simple point I was making regarding you. In fact, your continued ignorance pretty much cements what I was saying. Pretty ironic. Of course being so, you are the only one here who doesn't "get it" - which is hilarious.

ETA: In case you were wondering... Yes. Yes, we are laughing at you.

Comment

You are so intent in your diatribe against religion that you can't even grasp the simple point I was making regarding you. In fact, your continued ignorance pretty much cements what I was saying. Pretty ironic. Of course being so, you are the only one here who doesn't "get it" - which is hilarious.

ETA: In case you were wondering... Yes. Yes, we are laughing at you.

Comment

still not getting the point are you? wow.

Comment

still not getting the point are you? wow.
                                He wouldn't get the point even if Jesus gave him a lecture.

Comment