Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Broken Promises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Promises

So, apparently Trump is breaking promises before even taking office.

For example, now he says he will not pursue the investigation against Hillary. And reports are that he is weakening on his stance on Obamacare.

So is he going to continue to break promises? And if so, does that mean the liberals will like him more? and that the conservatives will like him less?

Is he heading for a more Centrist position?

Or is this all a ruse to put the democrats at ease so Obama won't pardon her until he gets into office and then he will slam Hillary with the investigation?

I could understand if he just said that there are more important priorities and just left it at that. But what troubles me is that he said he's not going after them because the Clintons are "good people." I mean, what the heck?

Comment

I believe Trump is leaving the Hillary investigation an open question for now. As I understand it, he's not going to get the ball rolling, but he won't stop it if his AG wants to give it a push.

As for Obamacare, last I heard he wants to dismantle it while leaving one or two provisions in place.

But right now, nobody really knows exactly what he's going to do.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        So, apparently Trump is breaking promises before even taking office.

For example, now he says he will not pursue the investigation against Hillary. And reports are that he is weakening on his stance on Obamacare.

So is he going to continue to break promises? And if so, does that mean the liberals will like him more? and that the conservatives will like him less?

Is he heading for a more Centrist position?

Or is this all a ruse to put the democrats at ease so Obama won't pardon her until he gets into office and then he will slam Hillary with the investigation?
        It's worse than you thought

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          I believe Trump is leaving the Hillary investigation an open question for now. As I understand it, he's not going to get the ball rolling, but he won't stop it if his AG wants to give it a push.

As for Obamacare, last I heard he wants to dismantle it while leaving one or two provisions in place.

But right now, nobody really knows exactly what he's going to do.
          well if he disappoints the republicans by breaking his promises, he will have a hard time with congress and the American people. Not a smart move. But if he placates the democrats enough while keeping his promises to his supporters, then he will be acting pretty smart.

Comment

In my view, Trump never made any promises at all. He just said things he thought his followers wanted to hear. For him, everything is open to negotiation.
            Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
              In my view, Trump never made any promises at all. He just said things he thought his followers wanted to hear. For him, everything is open to negotiation.
              Sounds like you're saying he lied constantly to get elected

Comment

So...you're saying that he's turned into a politician?
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                  It sounded good until I got to this BS...

Finally, I should note that Trump is once again in his life inheriting an extraordinarily valuable gift. This time it’s a stable economy that has been sailing steadily towards full employment for years. The unemployment rate has been halved since its post-Great Recession peak. The labor force participation rate stopped falling and has actually nudged up in the past year even as natural demographic changes (retiring Baby Boomers) have been pulling it down. The last year has also seen some evidence of an uptick in wage growth.

No, we’re not at full employment today—largely because Republicans in Congress and in statehouses around the country have starved the economy of normal levels of spending during the recovery. Without this austerity, we would have reached full employment years ago. But even with no help at all from tax cuts or spending increases, the economy is projected to reach 4.6 percent unemployment or lower by the end of 2017.
                  I stopped at that point.

Comment

Sounds like you're saying he lied constantly to get elected
                    Not constantly. I think a lot of his comments were simply delusional.
                    Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

That is all pundit talk using scare tactics.

If you want to claim Trump is breaking a promise, use his own words. Like he himself said that he won't go after Hillary. Whether that is a lie, or a broken promise remains to be seen, but at least that is from Trump's own mouth. Not some blogger or pundit making guesses about what will happen. They have been doing that for months now.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                        It sounded good until I got to this BS...

I stopped at that point.
                        Do you have evidence this is all BS? If so, I'd love to hear it.
                        Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
                          Do you have evidence this is all BS? If so, I'd love to hear it.
                          It's all political forecasting and guessing. There is no meat there.

Comment

Listen, I probably supported Trump longer than most here and I never expected him to follow through on every jot or tittle. If he gets 70% of what he said done we will still be light years ahead of where we would have been with Hillary. I'm not sweating any of this.
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I'm ashamed of everyone in this thread.
                              Given the way the media distorted everything Trump said running up to his election why would you believe anything they're currently reporting?

The left is just trying to fade his support so that he cannot get stuff done.
                              Everything you see on T.V. is a lie.
                              All. Of. It.
                              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment