Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fred Phelps is in hospice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    http://cjonline.com/news/local/2014-...-death-hospice

If God doesn't take pleasure in the deaths of anyone (Ezekiel 18:32), how can we?

No Christian should take pleasure. The death of anyone especially when that person appears to be in our eyes on the road to Hell should fill us with sadness.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Hopefully the church loses momentum after losing its founder and figurehead.

Comment

Does it make me a bad Christian if I say I'm as indifferent to the guy as I was before this news?

Comment

You can't be emotionally invested to everyone on planet earth.

Comment

Hearing that he got kicked out at the end of August, I went to their website and looked at their sermon audio listing and found the last one he spoke in was September 1, 2013 - http://godhatesfags.com/audio/index.html

I'm about halfway through and it sounds less like a sermon and more like a farewell address and his voice is often filled with emotion. It's also exceedingly short (12 minutes). Something definitely happened.

Comment

does anyone else think that when he dies, there will be a lot of people who protest at his funeral?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                does anyone else think that when he dies, there will be a lot of people who protest at his funeral?
                He isn't getting a funeral: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4980493.html
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  so are they gonna just let him lay there and rot or something? They have to bury the body. I am pretty sure that people will protest the church on that day.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      so are they gonna just let him lay there and rot or something? They have to bury the body. I am pretty sure that people will protest the church on that day.
                      Actually, they don't have to bury the body. More and more people are going for cremation - but I don't know if that's within the policy of his church.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Now the news is apparently that he was kicked out for advocating a kinder approach between church members.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...ml?ir=Religion
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Fred Phelps reportedly called for "kinder treatment of fellow church members," a sentiment which was ill-received.
                          There's a shocker.

Comment