Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Seventh Son (Pathfinder One-Shot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I haven't concluded 'the who'. I have simply arrived at a possible working hypothesis that can be updated or replaced as we acquire new evidence."
    My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
      "I haven't concluded 'the who'. I have simply arrived at a possible working hypothesis that can be updated or replaced as we acquire new evidence."

Lavaria gently pats his arm, "Of course, of course, my dear X. Now, what say we work a bit on the 'how'?" She pauses, "Say, does that wonderful circuitry of yours include a means to catalog those books for later reference?"
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

[GM's note: So, we done with the room and wanting to head outside? Speak now, or forever hold your peace.]
        Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          "Hmm, pray tell, Master Gauss, how do you know the lad has read and understood the books as yet?"
          "Hmmm...good point. In any case the only things I am wondering about that can be answered here and now are if I should spend my more powerful spell to analyze the magic on them and/or perhaps unload the whole thing and see if there isn't something magical hiding in the auras, but that last seems unlikely.

Get back to us on if any of the books are missing, would you?" says Gauss, directing the last statement to the father.

Comment

(The Party)

The Duke nods in response to Gauss. "I will inform you as soon as possible whether there are books missing. In the meantime, I believe you wanted to take a look outside? I'll have one of the houndsmen join you to ensure the dogs aren't hostile." He motions for a nearby aide to fetch an assistant.

Moments later, you go outside and the dog keeper- a young man- makes a whistling sound to attract the dogs. A couple awkward seconds later, nothing happens and he tries again. Still Nothing. He heads over to the kennels to find out what's amiss.

Comment

If the kennels are not in the party's view, then Talys suggests the party follow him, since the kennels are close to the boy's window, where they want to go anyway.
              Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

"And neutralizing things than need neither eyes nor ears would be in keeping with what we have seen so far..."

Interesting it wasn't noticed before...

Comment

The party sees the houndsman bring out some of the dogs from the kennels. One he has to drag along because it's sleeping. Another has a very big and VERY stupid-looking grin on it's face. The third seems to be gnawing on the fencepost, immediately coating it in drool.

"My goodness... This isn't a pleasant surprise."

Comment

Talys shakes her head. "Probably drugged. Lavaria, Gauss, maybe you two could take a closer look at them or their food? I'm going to look for tracks leading to and from the window." She decides to start looking at the base of the boy's window and then follow any tracks she can find to the fence.

[I think this is a good time to roll a die. If we're using my perception roll, I'm only at a +7. If we can use my survival stat instead, I'm at +9 because of a class bonus. Anyway:
                    Tracking:
                    18(d20)+7=25, or 18+9=27]

Comment

[Alchemist on board - what do I need to roll?]

"Talys, dear, quick change of plan, I think - Gauss and I will attend the dogs, do start looking for signs of any one or thing having been around the kennels - possibly anything they dropped..."
                      Last edited by Teallaura; 01-07-2017, 04:05 PM.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Talys nods and complies with Lavaria's plan. [hoping I don't need to roll again ]

Comment

[GM's note: Lavaria, you'll need to roll Craft (Alchemy) to figure out what's going on with the poochies. And Talys? Perception would be the route to go here. I'll post your results after Lavaria makes her roll]

Comment

[15+3 = 18]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

(Talys)

[Perception Check Results]

You find some footprints leading from the base of the house under the window that go past the kennels and from the direction of the city center.

(Lavaria)

[Craft (Alchemy) Check Results]

Yeah... after checking their food... you can tell these poochies were drugged. Some really strong stuff, too. It could knock out a Dire Bear.

Comment

While Lavaria was checking the food, Gauss looked the dogs and food over for magic, he then moved on to playing assistant to her since she had already gotten started.

((Mechanics: Detect Magic followed by Aid Another. 7 die + 9 Modifier = 16. Assuming that this works the same as in 3.0/3.5 -> It is greater than 10, so +2, so we might get some more information if a 20 is any better than an 18.))

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X