Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Seventh Son (Pathfinder One-Shot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Gauss)

Duke Magnes Replies, an eyebrow slightly raised after the adopted remark, "My family has had those books for generations. I can only assume that whichever of my ancestors made them found a way to keep his wisdom intact. They've just been collecting dust in the attic up until Edward came along. He belongs to me and the missus, I assure you."
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

"Are any of the texts missing, as far as you can tell?"
      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

The Duke responds to Talys, "I hadn't considered it, what with my son being the first priority, but," he takes a quick perusal, "they all appear to be here."

Comment

"Can he actually cast? if so, spontaneously or does he prepare stuff and what have you actually seen him do? I'm trying to figure out what clues we might look for if we find a place we think he MIGHT have been if he manages to cast something. He might try to escape or even leave an intentional clue."

"Which books are his favorites? If you don't know, then which shelves would he have had the easiest time getting to? Can you double-check somehow to be sure none are missing? How much do you know or can you easily figure out about the history of the books. Why they were each acquired, from whom, when, that sort of thing? It is just barely possible that he was taken to explain some rare and valuable piece of information in one of them."

Gauss wonders exactly how SLOW trying to track the ki trail with Detect Magic would be assuming it was used continuously (invisibility for instance, assuming he knows about that application of ki)...

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
            As for Ninja bodyguards," he chuckles, "None of my rivals are either brave or stupid enough to consort with them."
            [I have Knowledge: Religion and Knowledge: Nobility, what should I roll?]
            My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

[Congrats on being a bigger flake than my character, Gauss ]

"Hmm, pray tell, Master Gauss, how do you know the lad has read and understood the books as yet?"

With a look of mild annoyance, she takes something from her pocket and places it on her head, carefully hiding it under her hair, "Always forgetting this fool thing..."

She examines the bed carefully and thoroughly. She takes a good look at the window and the ground below (from the window) as well as looking up to examine the upper sash and eaves (how high above the window are the eaves?)

[Rolls - with the added +2 - in order: 16, 16, 18, 13, 17]
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
                [I have Knowledge: Religion and Knowledge: Nobility, what should I roll?]
                [Knowledge: Nobility would be more relevant in this case.]

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                [Congrats on being a bigger flake than my character, Gauss ]

"Hmm, pray tell, Master Gauss, how do you know the lad has read and understood the books as yet?"

With a look of mild annoyance, she takes something from her pocket and places it on her head, carefully hiding it under her hair, "Always forgetting this fool thing..."

She examines the bed carefully and thoroughly. She takes a good look at the window and the ground below (from the window) as well as looking up to examine the upper sash and eaves (how high above the window are the eaves?)

[Rolls - with the added +2 - in order: 16, 16, 18, 13, 17]
                Taking a peek at the window, you notice the nicks in the frame that Talys pointed out to you. Looking down at the ground, you find along the side of the wall some slight scrapes, indicating someone might have slipped as they were climbing up. Gandering at the eaves (which ends about half a foot out from the window) and the sash nets you nothing; they appear to be undisturbed.

Comment

[Knowledge: Nobility would be more relevant in this case.]
                  [Then I use Knowledge: Nobility.]

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
                    [Then I use Knowledge: Nobility.]
                    [Roll me a d20, add the modifier, and tell me the result.]

Comment

[Roll me a d20, add the modifier, and tell me the result.]
                      [I rolled a 3, and I have a +5, so 8 total.]

Comment

(X-ATM092)

[Knowledge (Nobility) Results]

Hm... You're not 100% sure on this one. Maybe the nobles are too elitist... Maybe Ninjas are too dangerous... Maybe it all boils down to someone cheating at cards at the last family reunion?

Comment

(X-ATM092)

[Knowledge (Nobility) Results]

Hm... You're not 100% sure on this one. Maybe the nobles are too elitist... Maybe Ninjas are too dangerous... Maybe it all boils down to someone cheating at cards at the last family reunion?
                          X-ATM092 interjects: "The Duke's statement regarding the relationship between nobles and ninjas seems accurate."

Turning to face the Duke he asks: "I don't suppose you have enemies elsewhere, Duke?"

[I'm going to go ahead and use Knowledge: Religion anyway.

I roll a d20, I get 18 and I have a +6 making a total of 24.]

Comment

(X-ATM092)

[Knowledge (Religion) Check Results]

Hm... While some of the Ninja clans are fairly, "Meh," to deities, some of them have been known to have some- shall we say- less than virtuous patrons. Given the secretive nature of ninjas, most noblemen probably don't want to take a chance on working with people associated with devils or demons.

The Duke scratches his head and replies to X-ATM092, "Hm... not that I'm aware of."

Comment

X-ATM092 concludes: "For the time being, I think we can assign a low probability that the disappearance of the child being the result of some plot on the part of a rival noble house. It could be possible that the ninjas acted on their own. Whilst ninjas aren't known for their religiosity, some have devoted themselves to the worship of evil beings. And some of these books found here ARE on some pretty heavy subjects. We shall definitely be speaking with this Tobias Jade fellow."

Comment

Lavaria raises an eyebrow, "Mayhap, but let us proceed cautiously - it is a trifle early to conclude the who when we've only just begun on how and why and need be working on developments in what and where."

[If everyone is finished with the room, and cataloging those books for future reference, I think a trip to the ground is in order.]
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X