Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Seventh Son (Pathfinder One-Shot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Arcana 29 including bonus for my book of student notes... lets say if I made it by at least 10 then I didn't even feel any need to pull out the book? If for some reason I can't reference my notes (too hard to multitask between turning pages/reading and maintaining the spell? But I can always recast it...]

Comment

(Talys)

A quick gander around the window frame seems to indicate a nick in the frame, indicative of a grappling hook.

(Gauss)

As Gauss focuses on the spell, consulting his notes, he finds two things:
      -An assorted collection of auras emanating from the bookshelft, whose collective presence is giving off the presence of a strong aura.
      -A VERY dim aura coming from near the window. It was tough to pin-point what exactly was causing it, but after another perusal through your notes, you recognize EXACTLY what it is: Ki.
      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

{What does the bed look like? Is it made or not?}

"Hmmm... what time was it when you put the child to bed, milady?"

Ignoring that uppity teddy bear, Lavaria looks more intently at the room, starting with the least obvious, the ceiling and working her way around.

[15, 19 and 21 in that order - in case you want more than one roll for her Sherlock with the magnifying glass routine]
        Last edited by Teallaura; 12-08-2016, 08:29 PM.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Talys points out the nicked frame to the group as possible evidence of a grappling hook being used, then suggests that the next step is looking for tracks or other evidence in the yard below.
          Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

"We should probably question the servants, too," X-ATM092 adds.
            My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              {What does the bed look like? Is it made or not?}
              [GM's note: The Bed isn't made.]

"Hmmm... what time was it when you put the child to bed, milady?"

Ignoring that uppity teddy bear, Lavaria looks more intently at the room, starting with the least obvious, the ceiling and working her way around.

[15, 19 and 21 in that order - in case you want more than one roll for her Sherlock with the magnifying glass routine]
              [GM's note: So the Ceiling... give me two more specific locations to check out]

Comment

"Yeah, I am getting evidence of Ki from the window sill. That a sort of internal bodily energy use that is a sort of... second cousin twice removed from magic. It is favored by those who hone their bodies and spirits together. Mostly focused inward although I THINK there are a tiny few ways to use it directly to cause harm to another. I'm also getting a lot of magic from the bookcase. Too muddled to make it out, but together it adds up to quite a bit. Could just be book preservation and perhaps security spells? In any case, I am reminded that one classic way to hide something is in plain sight amongst similar objects. I'd start spreading thing out to get a clearer reading, but I wouldn't want to move any evidence out of position before someone more keen at noticing what is PHYSICALLY out of place has a look at it." says Gauss.

[[That is not saying more than I would know about Ki, right?]]

Comment

"Ki? You mean that thing monks and ninjas use? That's useful to know." Talys looks at the duke: "Are there any monasteries that might have some grudge against you? Or a rival with a ninja bodyguard?"

Comment

"Oh, and speaking of security spells, how plausible is it that someone might be trying to extract information from her, instead of or in addition to revenge or ransom? And by 'ransom' I would hazard to guess that favors would be the more likely demand than physical objects? Are there any critical political junctions coming up? Not that they couldn't be going for something that isn't particular to this time in theory."

Comment

[it was a son that was abducted, not a daughter. You said "her." ]

Comment

[Oops!]

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                          [GM's note: The Bed isn't made.]

[GM's note: So the Ceiling... give me two more specific locations to check out]
                          [walls, floor]
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                            "Ki? You mean that thing monks and ninjas use? That's useful to know." Talys looks at the duke: "Are there any monasteries that might have some grudge against you? Or a rival with a ninja bodyguard?"
                            The Duke replies, "I generally have nothing to do with monasteries; nothing against them, it's just that our lines of work never cross. As for Ninja bodyguards," he chuckles, "None of my rivals are either brave or stupid enough to consort with them."

Originally posted by Draco Dei View Post
                            "Oh, and speaking of security spells, how plausible is it that someone might be trying to extract information from her, instead of or in addition to revenge or ransom? And by 'ransom' I would hazard to guess that favors would be the more likely demand than physical objects? Are there any critical political junctions coming up? Not that they couldn't be going for something that isn't particular to this time in theory."
                            Duke Magnes response, "My son is a bit young to be entrusted with anything my rivals would want. I mean, as of tomorrow, the boy will only be Seven years of age."

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            [walls, floor]
                            (Perception Check Results...)

Taking a gander at the ceiling, the walls, and the floors, you find that they're fairly neat and well-kept. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Comment

[what sorts of books are on the shelf? Are there any that seem very out of place? 10+14=24 if i need a perception roll

Based on what we know now, I'm imagining ninjas coming in to steal a book, accidentally waking the kid, and having to kidnap him so he can't talk. That, or there's a secret passageway behind the bookshelf

other more likely possibilities:
                              1. kidnapping for ransom, in which case there should be a ransom note delivered soon
                              2. kidnapping to distract the duke or his wife from some impending event, anything from a political maneuver to a baking competition from which the competition wishes to eliminate the competition. I hear the duke makes delicious cream puffs.
                              3. kidnapping the child to be a sacrifice for evil ninja cult to summon Hairthulu]

Comment

(Talys)

Perception Check Results:

There looks to be a lot of texts on Arcane magic on the shelf, some of which appear to be pretty dang old.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X