So... anyone else here have any experience with it, either in it's classic form or in one of it's conversions (GURPS, d20, or the recent "Reloaded" versions for Pinnacle's Savage Worlds system)?

Originally, I was only familiar with Pinnacle Entertainment's Savage Worlds, "Deadlands Reloaded," books, but I recently backed the 20th Anniversary Edition of the Classic rules on Kickstarter. I have a hard copy coming my way in early 2017, but in the meantime I've been perusing the PDF and falling in love with the system. It's kinda clunky compared to the much newer Savage Worlds, but there's a lot of charm that can't be ignored.

For those who haven't heard of it, it's basically a, "Weird Western," setting that mashes up Westerns with a bit of Steampunk, Sci-Fi, Kung-Fu, and Horror. It's really thematic, too... A lot of the game mechanics in the Classic system use Cards and Poker Chips. Even character creation has you using a deck of cards to generate your characters Traits (Physical/Mental Attributes).

There's a lot of tonal leeway in running the game, too. Your typical game is supposed to have you do the cliche western stuff while the Marshal (aka the GM) gradually introduces you to all the nasty critters that go, "Bump," in the Night and you become involved in the overall Deadlands Narrative (sometimes, this starts when one of your heroes gets plugged and comes back as a Harrowed). However, you could totally ignore that and run either a Light Weird Western or go full-tilt into Grimdark, "There's a shoggoth in My Boots*," Horror.

*Yes, I realize that's probably not the best way to describe it (heck, I could barely keep a straight face as I typed that). Hence, why you will not see me running a, 'straight,' Horror game anytime soon.