Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More Riots Coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Riots Coming?

Or will the malcontents reject the rule of law again?

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Mecklenburg County District Attorney announced Wednesday that he believes Brentley Vinson, the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police officer who shot and killed Keith Scott, acted lawfully.

District Attorney Andrew Murray told press Wednesday morning that 15 'career prosecutors' oversaw the case and their decision was unanimous.

"Police are often forced to make split-second decisions," Murray said before launching into detailed description of the shooting.

http://www.wltx.com/news/local/keith...rges/359295950
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

I haven't heard of any.
    Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

It's a hardly a rejection of the rule of law to question if law is what's actually ruling.
      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

You're kinda contradicting yourself seer, you loudly proclaim that you doubt officer such and such would get a fair trial due to PC concerns. Yet here, without there even being protests you already decry hypothetical protesters complaining about judicial process they don't trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          You're kinda contradicting yourself seer, you loudly proclaim that you doubt officer such and such would get a fair trial due to PC concerns. Yet here, without there even being protests you already decry hypothetical protesters complaining about judicial process they don't trust.
          Where did I say anything about this officer not getting a fair trial? I did say a while back that the charges against the Baltimore cops were trumped up,and I was correct - they were acquitted.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Where did I say anything about this officer not getting a fair trial? I did say a while back that the charges against the Baltimore cops were trumped up,and I was correct - they were acquitted.
            There you go. Apparently you think its alright for you to question a judicial process, but not for others to do so. Even when there hasn't been any protests in this case. Even if there were they would not be in the wrong, if they suspected foul play.

Comment

There you go. Apparently you think its alright for you to question a judicial process, but not for others to do so. Even when there hasn't been any protests in this case. Even if there were they would not be in the wrong, if they suspected foul play.
              I don't have any problem with them questioning anything - I do have a problem with riots based on lies. Like in Baltimore, Ferguson, and a number of other cities. They didn't care about the truth then - why should we expect anything different here?

Comment

I don't have any problem with them questioning anything - I do have a problem with riots based on lies. Like in Baltimore, Ferguson, and a number of other cities. They didn't care about the truth then - why should we expect anything different here?
                Who is "they"?

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                  Who is "they"?
                  The people who rioted based on lies.

Comment

So all you're objecting to are protests that escalate into violence (riots), not them not trusting the judgments pronounced in favor of the police officers?

Comment

So all you're objecting to are protests that escalate into violence (riots), not them not trusting the judgments pronounced in favor of the police officers?
                      Yes, that is why I titled it "More Riots Coming?" But I do have a problem with people who ignore the facts.

Comment

The people who rioted based on lies.
                        That group doesn't exist. There are people who riot to take advantage of a situation and there are people who riot out of desperation.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                          That group doesn't exist. There are people who riot to take advantage of a situation and there are people who riot out of desperation.
                          What desperation, that criminals were shot by cops?

Comment

Yes, that is why I titled it "More Riots Coming?" But I do have a problem with people who ignore the facts.

Comment

What desperation, that criminals were shot by cops?
                              It's just as Leonhard said. These people are found to be at fault by the same system that antagonizes them. No doubt you wouldn't accept a character assassination by a liberally-biased source, so why would you condemn people for practicing the same skepticism? It's one thing to condemn rioting, it's another to broaden your condemnation based on a hypocrisy.

Comment