Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Carrier air to stay in Indiana, at tax payors expense!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrier air to stay in Indiana, at tax payors expense!

So much for Trumps threats to be tough on manufacturers that leave the country for cheaper labor, instead he had VP Pence hang on to his governorship in Indiana long enough to stick the tax payors of the state with a $700,000 a year bribe to Carrier if they would please not move to Mexico.

Are you being deliberately misleading, or are you obtuse? They're getting a tax break, not a handout. They're still ultimately going to pay more in taxes than they would have if they moved their entire operation to Mexico, not to mention the taxes paid by the roughly 1000 workers who get to keep their jobs
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 12-01-2016, 06:13 AM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

at tax payors expense!
      Probably lib Jim thinks unemployment benefit for those 1k workers is not at taxpayer's expense too
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
        Probably lib Jim thinks unemployment benefit for those 1k workers is not at taxpayer's expense too
        Or welfare, Obamacare subsidies, and other programs until they hopefully find other gainful employment. Jimmy's just mad that there's now 1,000 families who won't have to vote for the liberal pimps who keep them hooked on government assistance.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

But taxes are free money! Unless they're in any way benefiting a business. Then they're eeevvviiilll!!!
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            So much for Trumps threats to be tough on manufacturers that leave the country for cheaper labor, instead he had VP Pence hang on to his governorship in Indiana long enough to stick the tax payors of the state with a $700,000 a year bribe to Carrier if they would please not move to Mexico.
            First of all, it's PAYERS, and second --- how bout actually posting a CITE instead of just spewing forth blather.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Richard Carrier lives in Ohio, not Indiana.

Oh wait...this is about the other Carrier. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                States do this all the time to keep manufacturers from leaving their state for another state, or attract manufacturers to their state. This is nothing new.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  States do this all the time to keep manufacturers from leaving their state for another state, or attract manufacturers to their state. This is nothing new.
                  It's exactly why Texas has gained so many jobs from California.
                  The cost and compliance burdens of California’s taxes and regulations fall disproportionately on smaller companies, which are less able to afford teams of attorneys and accountants.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They also do it to get businesses to move into the state.

Alabama does it all the time. Why else would they locate automotive manufacturing here instead of Detroit? Michigan's infrastructure was built by auto manufacturing - it was the combination of union labor and high tax base that had manufacturers moving in the first place.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Alabama does it all the time. Why else would they locate automotive manufacturing here instead of Detroit? Michigan's infrastructure was built by auto manufacturing - it was the combination of union labor and high tax base that had manufacturers moving in the first place.
                      EGGzackly - the unions have outlived their usefulness and the politicians got too greedy for revenue, so companies move to where things can be less hostile to business.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        I think I mentioned that.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I think I mentioned that.
                          Me too.

Comment

Jimmy wants all that tax money to go to welfare programs instead of jobs. In his mind giving a tax break to a company is taking money away from someone on welfare.

Instead it means more jobs, so people don't have to be on welfare, and they can actually PAY taxes instead of being paid them.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                              Hey, you Russian commie spy - the election is over, what are you still doing here?

(oh, wait, you're hacking the recounts, aren't you? )

Comment