Happy birthday, John Reece!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy birthday, John Reece!

We are SO thankful for you and your presence here at Tweb!

May our Lord grant you many blessings today and more than you can handle in the coming year.

P. S. Love your new water buffalo! Everybody should have a water buffalo!
    Last edited by mossrose; 12-02-2016, 11:17 AM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Happy birthday, John!

May the Lord continue to bless us with your presence until he just can't wait any longer to be united with you more fully.

By the way, have you ever explained the significance of the water buffalo avatars?
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Happy Birthday, John!
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Happy birthday, dear friend! May you receive all of the love and admiration that you are due.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Happy Birthday John!!!

May you have many, many more!

Comment

Happy birthday, John!
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Happy Birthday John! I sincerely hope it's a blessed one!

"What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Happpy birthday.
                sigpic

Comment

Happy birfday!
                  Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Happy b'day!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Happy Birthday!

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                        By the way, have you ever explained the significance of the water buffalo avatars?
                        I believe I did, but it was many years ago at the original TWeb.

It was inspired by a prophecy spoken to me by a computer scientist at a presbytery of charismatic pastors and elders.

Comment

Many thanks to all of you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by John Reece View Post
                            I believe I did, but it was many years ago at the original TWeb.

It was inspired by a prophecy spoken to me by a computer scientist at a presbytery of charismatic pastors and elders.
                            The term used in the prophecy was actually "ox". My usage of water buffalo avatars are more like what I visualized as I listened to the prophecy.

Nothing is exactly like what I visualized; the avatars I have used are purely symbolic of what I heard and saw.[/quote
                            Last edited by John Reece; 12-02-2016, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                              Not in this new TWeb.

Here is a transcription of the tape recording of the prophecy signified by the avatars.

I should emphasize the fact that the gentleman who spoke it to me was a complete stranger to me and I to him; he knew me not at all, but what he spoke was expressive of knowledge of me that only God knew me well enough to express.

At a meeting of a presbytery of Charismatic pastors and elders 25 years ago (1991), at Grace Church, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, a computer scientist by the name of Roger Burton was one of several men with prophetic gifting who spoke to me by the power of the Holy Spirit. Here is what he said:
                              Brother, I had a vision of you ― a lonely ox that has been standing out in the field in the heat of the day, very much alone and just feeling almost unused. But I see, I just saw in the Spirit, you have been called in to the farm yard in the evening by the Lord. And there was a ring in your nose. I don't what that symbolizes ― but the Lord had hold of the ring and was pulling you. And you were just a gentle but a mighty, a very powerful but very submitted to the Lord kind of ox ― didn't realize his own strength ― a huge animal. I've never seen such a large ox. And his face was right in front of me as he was approaching the barn. And the Lord says. I'm bringing you in to give you water and grain, that you might know that you are valuable to me, says the Lord, I'm bringing you in, I'm calling you in out of the heat of the day into the yard to get watered and fed, for I have work for you to do, says the Lord. And do not be ashamed of the ring that I have, for you have submitted to me, says the Lord. And do not be ashamed of the things that lie behind you, for know that I have my hand upon you, and I am leading you forth, says the Lord, even though you feel the tugging at your nose, and you feel almost ashamed at the tugging, for others look on and desire to have that leading, for I am leading you says the Lord.

Later on during that meeting, the man who spoke those words to me added this:
                              I just want to share the other part of the vision that I had ― I don't know if it had anything to do with that; but I saw you after coming in to be fed and watered ― I saw this same ox, in a rice paddy, I guess it was, I saw the tie kind of hats, I guess, they were cone shaped, very flat shaped; I saw those hats of people. I saw this same ox, out in the field, just walking through the shallow water in the field.

Comment