Happy birthday, John Reece!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It fits you.

I'm glad Dee Dee got you here - TWeb has been vastly enriched by your presence.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      It fits you.

I'm glad Dee Dee got you here - TWeb has been vastly enriched by your presence.
      I am overwhelmed by your kind words.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by John Reece View Post
        Not in this new TWeb.

Here is a transcription of the tape recording of the prophecy signified by the avatars.

I should emphasize the fact that the gentleman who spoke it to me was a complete stranger to me and I to him; he knew me not at all, but what he spoke was expressive of knowledge of me that only God knew me well enough to express.

At a meeting of a presbytery of Charismatic pastors and elders 25 years ago (1991), at Grace Church, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, a computer scientist by the name of Roger Burton was one of several men with prophetic gifting who spoke to me by the power of the Holy Spirit. Here is what he said:
        Brother, I had a vision of you ― a lonely ox that has been standing out in the field in the heat of the day, very much alone and just feeling almost unused. But I see, I just saw in the Spirit, you have been called in to the farm yard in the evening by the Lord. And there was a ring in your nose. I don't what that symbolizes ― but the Lord had hold of the ring and was pulling you. And you were just a gentle but a mighty, a very powerful but very submitted to the Lord kind of ox ― didn't realize his own strength ― a huge animal. I've never seen such a large ox. And his face was right in front of me as he was approaching the barn. And the Lord says. I'm bringing you in to give you water and grain, that you might know that you are valuable to me, says the Lord, I'm bringing you in, I'm calling you in out of the heat of the day into the yard to get watered and fed, for I have work for you to do, says the Lord. And do not be ashamed of the ring that I have, for you have submitted to me, says the Lord. And do not be ashamed of the things that lie behind you, for know that I have my hand upon you, and I am leading you forth, says the Lord, even though you feel the tugging at your nose, and you feel almost ashamed at the tugging, for others look on and desire to have that leading, for I am leading you says the Lord.

Later on during that meeting, the man who spoke those words to me added this:
        I just want to share the other part of the vision that I had ― I don't know if it had anything to do with that; but I saw you after coming in to be fed and watered ― I saw this same ox, in a rice paddy, I guess it was, I saw the tie kind of hats, I guess, they were cone shaped, very flat shaped; I saw those hats of people. I saw this same ox, out in the field, just walking through the shallow water in the field.
        Thank you very much for sharing this story, John. Have you ever read The Dumb Ox by GK Chesterton? It's a popular biography of Thomas Aquinas that my father read and told me about after I became a Christian.
        βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
        ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
          Thank you very much for sharing this story, John. Have you ever read The Dumb Ox by GK Chesterton? It's a popular biography of Thomas Aquinas that my father read and told me about after I became a Christian.
          Thanks, robrecht!

I love Chesterton's work and have read quite a bit of it; however, I was not familiar with Saint Thomas Aquinas: The Dumb Ox, which I just ordered from Amazon.com and will read it as soon as I get it.

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by John Reece View Post
            Thanks, robrecht!

I love Chesterton's work and have read quite a bit of it; however, I was not familiar with Saint Thomas Aquinas: The Dumb Ox, which I just ordered from Amazon.com and will read it as soon as I get it.

Thanks again!
            Let me know what you think of it. I read it in 1982 so it's been a while.

Comment

Let me know what you think of it. I read it in 1982 so it's been a while.

Comment

Anyone heard from John? Haven't seen him post in about a week or so. Hope he's OK.

Comment

Anyone heard from John? Haven't seen him post in about a week or so. Hope he's OK.
                  Will PM you an update shortly Rob.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

He said he had to call it quits. His health is too fragile right now. However he did have something to say about you:
                    "If I may, a parting exhortation: Do not underestimate what TWeb has in robrecht, who is truly a world class scholar of the biblical languages. His greatness as a scholar has been outdone only by his humility in not promoting himself as such. I only know him as such because he shared with me so much about himself as he elicited my sharing with him my life history via Personal Messages at Theology Web."

I think he would like it if you "took over" as the unofficial tweb resident bible scholar in Biblical Languages.

I will PM you his email address if you want to talk with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      He said he had to call it quits. His health is too fragile right now. However he did have something to say about you:
                      "If I may, a parting exhortation: Do not underestimate what TWeb has in robrecht, who is truly a world class scholar of the biblical languages. His greatness as a scholar has been outdone only by his humility in not promoting himself as such. I only know him as such because he shared with me so much about himself as he elicited my sharing with him my life history via Personal Messages at Theology Web."

I think he would like it if you "took over" as the unofficial tweb resident bible scholar in Biblical Languages.

I will PM you his email address if you want to talk with him.
                      Thanks, Sparko. I hope John genuinely enjoys the rest and time with his wife, who is such a treasure for him. His remarks about me are characteristically much too kind and generous. I only know a little bit, and what little I know raises many more questions than answers, and questions about matters that will only be known once we gaze into the face of Christ when we all meet again on the last day at the resurrection of the dead, when I suspect I will forget most of my questions worrying about God's judgment.

Comment