Announcement

Collapse

Comparative Religions 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Comp Religions, this is where the sights and sounds of the many world religions come together in a big World's Fair type atmosphere, without those delicious funnel cakes.

World Religions is a theist only type place, but that does not exclude certain religionists who practice non-theistic faiths ala Buddhism. If you are not sure, ask a moderator.

This is not a place where we argue the existence / non-existence of God.

And as usual, the forum rules apply.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Zoroaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faber View Post
    Looks like it's working. Just have to click onto a big black square with a red dot in the middle.

Just a few comments: Italicized text is underlined in case any of my stuff ever gets published, as that is what some publishers require. The footnote numbers are in bold red text because I never changed them.

Anyway, feel free to make comments.
    While I have not finished reading it all as yet the following stood out:

. . . There are two primeval principles or causes, which
    he calls “existence” and “non-existence,” two spirits, which are united in Ahura Mazda.5
    Thus Zoroastrianism was elevated to the status of a monotheistic religion on par with
    Judaism and Christianity. But he goes yet farther. . .

I personally believe in an Uncaused Existence whose Hebrew Name is Yehwah meaning the self Existent. And that non-existence dose not exist and never was, hince non-existence. Uncaused Existence has no God, ". . . I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. . . ." -- Isaiah 44:6. And, "There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD." -- Proverbs 21:30. The LORD, the Self-Existent, the Uncaused Existence. So to deny there is God is really to deny Existence itself, "For in Him we live, and move, and have our being; . . . ." -- Acts 17:28. God's Logos is the Son of God, being the Uncaused Cause (John 1:1-4, 9-10; Hebrews 1:3; Colossians 1:15-18).

Comments?
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
      I once tried to explain that zarathustrawasnt a monotheist when debating my mom. My mom is not one who takes well to criticism.
      You'll have to decide if the following advice is fit for you.

Pretty much ignore the other world views until you've spent at least a couple years exploring just how much God loves you. Get a really good understanding of Grace, Mercy, and Love. Understand why the Holy Spirit has chosen to give us certain fruits and not others. Fill your mind with verses that express forgiveness and grace and don't stop until you know a hundred of them. In your quiet time get use to talking to God where you don't have a list or requests but where you practice talking to Him as a friend. Cultivate all of that FIRST. Let your mother practice her dialogs while you practice just loving her.

When all of that is the absolute center of your life the Holy Spirit can lead you as to what you're to study and where you're to minister.
      As it is now, your study is being directed by your mother.

You don't need to answer for other world views.
      You do need to build a foundation that will get you through life.
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
        You'll have to decide if the following advice is fit for you.

Pretty much ignore the other world views until you've spent at least a couple years exploring just how much God loves you. Get a really good understanding of Grace, Mercy, and Love. Understand why the Holy Spirit has chosen to give us certain fruits and not others. Fill your mind with verses that express forgiveness and grace and don't stop until you know a hundred of them. In your quiet time get use to talking to God where you don't have a list or requests but where you practice talking to Him as a friend. Cultivate all of that FIRST. Let your mother practice her dialogs while you practice just loving her.

When all of that is the absolute center of your life the Holy Spirit can lead you as to what you're to study and where you're to minister.
        As it is now, your study is being directed by your mother.

You don't need to answer for other world views.
        You do need to build a foundation that will get you through life.
        The first step as a Christian is to put gerbil on ignore until you develop the spiritual fortitude to survive his demonic assaults without losing your soul.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X