Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

Married and not married

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Married and not married

The more I look at it it seems that we have some differences and similiarities between the two.
    sigpic

.....what?
    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

I guess this thread would have worked better in psychology. I am interested if married and unmarried people think differently and how and why.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
        I guess this thread would have worked better in psychology. I am interested if married and unmarried people think differently and how and why.
        Perhaps we can get a mod to move the thread?

I'd be happy to participate, but you'll have to be a bit more specific. Maybe start with a question, or some research/an article to get things moving?
        "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Stepping in as official capacity and not as a girl.

Do you want only Christian input for this or do you want it to be open for everybody?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Both sound usefull mossy.
            sigpic

Comment

K. I'll move it to psychology. If someone else thinks another area is best, we will move it again.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The more I look at it it seems that we have some differences and similiarities between the two.
                Similarities: We are all human.
                Differences: Some of us are more human than the others. It is not good for humans to be alone.

Differences: Some of us are free to love whomever we will.
                Similarities: All of us must love whomever we will.

Similarities: We are all human.
                Differences: Some of us are more human than the others. It is not good for humans to be alone.
                βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                  . . . Differences: Some of us are free to love whomever we will.
                  All of us are free to love whomever we will.[/QUOTE]
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I suppose the solution is to get married and see if your thinking changes.
                    Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

Are you worried about the psychology of marriage vs non-marriage?
                      Visit my website! I have cookies. http://www.amyelizabethatkins.com

Comment

I find that often, when comparing two groups, there is a collection of similarities and differences between the two.

But seriously, what in particular is interesting about this comparison? There are so many facets.
                        I am become death...

Comment