Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I need your prayers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your prayers.

I am tired of being this compromising man who gratifies but is not satisfying myself. I have decided to take action. I found a resource that can help. I ask however that you pray for me. I will be doing some serious introspection and I might get mad or depressed. Please be there for me. I am not an evil man but I am not the christian man I could be. That's why I got this book in the first place. Please also don't let this hurt what we have as compatriots in Christ. We all have our crosses. I also give you this. I am a guy who loves being there for others. I call myself the wall so lean on me.

Jesus please help us all.
    sigpic

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Thank you mossy.
      sigpic

Comment

What resource/book?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

A book on getting over addictions and maintaining integrity related to the issue of lust.
          sigpic

Comment

Comment

Book recommend for you - The Ladder of Divine Ascent by St. John Climacus. It is written for monastics, but anyone can benefit from its advice.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

The book is named The game plan.
                sigpic

Comment

The Book I recommend: the Bible starting with Romans. Nothing wrong with other books - but you might wanna check them against the Owner's Manual!
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

The Book I recommend: the Bible starting with Romans. Nothing wrong with other books - but you might wanna check them against the Owner's Manual!
                    I've found Ecclesiastes to be particularly helpful.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I am reading my bible. This book is used in biblical counseling.
                      Its really quite amazing the bible. The greatest book ever really. Both un literary tetms and the fact that the christian ethic is both true and heartwarming. I honestly have a hard time putting into words the safety and warmth of christ
                      sigpic

Comment