Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Mystery of Noah's Flood

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    I'm starting to reconsider the Protestant position that every person should have a Bible.
    As a Catholic, I have never, ever doubted the truth of this 'Protestant' position, but I have to admit, you make a very good point!
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον∑
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seve View Post
    The Physical Making of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd HeavenS or Worlds = Multiverse.

The 1st firmament of heaven Made (Gen 1:6-8) was like a glass container (simile) in which God would build above the firmament. The firmament protected Adam's Earth from the water which completely surrounded this firmament. The verses below reveal this since God places water inside the firmament of heaven above....

(Gen 1:6-8 KJV)And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. 7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which [were] under the firmament from the waters which [were] above the firmament: and it was so. 8*And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the*second day.

He then built solid ground (similar to a man made island) on top of the water under the heaven. Can you visualize our Lord God building a solid ground into the middle of water? IF you can, then, thatí more or less how God divided the waters from the waters.*

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. 10*And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

The firmament b/w Adamís Earth and the heaven above*was empty, containing clear air only.

(Gen 2:6 KJV) But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

..... and the Earth atmosphere is formed.

Now, that we understand that Adam's firmament/heaven which was made the 2nd Day, and the mist that went up from Earth on the 3rd Day Gen 1:8... forming the Earthís Atmosphere..... the information below added to the account revealed in this verse:

(Gen 2:4 KJV)*These are the generations of the heavenS (plural) and of the earth when they were created,in the day*that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,*

Notice: As you already know, the 1st Firmament called Heaven, was made on the 2nd Day.Gen 1:6-8.

However, the cited verse above (Gen.2:4) is speaking of other heavenS (plural) Made in the SAME day as Adamís Earth. Gen 1:9. The ONLY Day the Earth and the other Heavens could have been made was the 3rd Day.

Add the first heaven, made the 2nd Day, Gen 1:8 plus the other heavens Gen 2:4 which were made on the 3rd Day, including the one that is being prepared for us, right now (Jhn 14:2 KJV) when this world is burned (Rev 21:1 KJV) then, you now have 3 different Heavens or Worlds..

IOW, no one in the proper frame of mind could seriously deny that God Created and Made us a 3 different Worlds or Multiverse to live in, Amen?

God Bless

Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the WORLDS were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
    Remember, the 1st heaven or universe was Adam's world (Gen 1:6-8 KJV), which was "clean dissolved" in the Flood. The present Universe is the 2nd Heaven, our world, made Billions of years AFTER Adam's world was made, and is also doomed for destruction and will be dissolved too. The 3rd Heaven or world is where Christians will go AFTER our world is burned Rev 21.

[Rev 21:1 KJV] And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Of course, itís entirely New Heaven and New Earth, compare to the first that was totally destroyed the 2nd that is also doomed to be destroyed..... therefore, God made us a Multiverse. Amen!?

God Bless
    Last edited by Seve; 12-10-2016 at 01:13 AM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Dear hansgeorg,

Noah and the Ark were 22 1/2 ft (15 cubits) above the Highest Elevation of Adam's Earth on the 150th Day after the Flood began. At this depth the Mountains of that Earth were covered in water. Gen 7:20.... Contrary to your view.

On the SAME 150th Day after the Flood began, the Ark rested upon the mountains of Ararat. Gen 8:4

Since you disagree, please explain to us HOW could the Ark be in both places on the SAME Day?

God bless
    [18] For they overflowed exceedingly: and filled all on the face of the earth: and the ark was carried upon the waters. [19] And the waters prevailed beyond measure upon the earth: and all the high mountains under the whole heaven were covered. [20] The water was fifteen cubits higher than the mountains which it covered. ... [24] And the waters prevailed upon the earth a hundred and fifty days. ... [3] And the waters returned from off the earth going and coming: and they began to be abated after a hundred and fifty days.

You get the 15 cubits wrong, no trace of mountains being limited to that and you get the 150 days wrong, they are counted from AFTER the 15 cubits over highest mountains.

Also, since Ararat is volcanic, it can have risen some during the 150 days, so the waters did not need to abate much (not go fifteen cubits down, for instance) before the Ark could rest.
    http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

tWebber
    Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Maybe we should have a test to show that a person has the logic skills, exegetical skills, and any other required skills to read the Bible unsupervised. Or at least make them pass the test to talk about their "brilliant" ideas.
    While the Spanish Inquisition determined who could and who couldn't read the Bible among those not obliged to, it required skills in prayer and obedience to the Church.

tWebber
    Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    It is a misuse of scripture to take snippets from several different books to create doctrine.
    Mixing poetry, history, and theology indiscriminately together without recognizing the different genres is a nice way to come up with some really messed up stuff.
    That is on the other hand wrong.

The problem is with whether rocks can be dissolved, I think they can under that kind of water pressure that Flood geologists are considering.

6. Amen Rushing Jaws amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quoting with my added emphasis by underlining:

Remember, the 1st heaven or universe was Adam's world (Gen 1:6-8 KJV), which was "clean dissolved" in the Flood. The present Universe is the 2nd Heaven, our world, made Billions of years AFTER Adam's world was made, and is also doomed for destruction and will be dissolved too. The 3rd Heaven or world is where Christians will go AFTER our world is burned Rev 21.
    Where do you get billions of years from?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by hansgeorg View Post
    Quoting with my added emphasis by underlining:

Where do you get billions of years from?
    The ark must have been a TARDIS!
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

9. Amen Rushing Jaws amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    The ark must have been a TARDIS!
    I can imagine Heaven being a TARDIS when it comes to each saint hearing all prayers adressed to him or her or above all Her ... but the Ark, not quite no.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by hansgeorg View Post
    I can imagine Heaven being a TARDIS when it comes to each saint hearing all prayers adressed to him or her or above all Her ... but the Ark, not quite no.
    Do you know what a JOKE is?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

tWebber
    Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes, mine often consist in taking those of others at face value.