Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Blockbuster CIA report: Russia definitely meddled in U.S. election to elect Trump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
    Which one? America has never shrunk from interfering in other countries' government, turn about is only fair play, right?

Shame the DNC undemocratically scuppered Sanders, huh. If they hadn't, maybe the Russians would have had no reason to try and influence things. You should be sorting out your own party's issues - instead you're projecting and looking for fault everywhere but in your own house.

Clinton won the popular vote by nearly 3 million and STILL managed to lose. That's great. JimL will have a glorified used car salesman with 'super' hair for his President.

Best.election.ever.

Trump won according to the rules in place. Whining about the rules after the fact is just poor sportsmanship, and shows an untrustworthy character. You're looking to back out of a deal that you thought would go in your favour when it later proves to be to the benefit of the other party. Show me where you posted about the Electoral college being a messed system up BEFORE the election.

We have no way of knowing what the result might have been if the rules had been different. No doubt Trump would have run a different campaign if it had been a popular vote only contest. Maybe he would have won that, too. Who knows?

People who complain like this sound just as pathetic as someone saying "B..b..b..but my team would have won the Superbowl if field goals were worth 5 points instead of 3." Yeah, and the other team would have adopted a completely different strategy if that were the case. Derp.
    Read the post. My beef isn't so much with the Russian interference, I don't think its the right way to deal with and influence foriegn governments, but yeah, the U.S is guilty of it as well. The problem here is that factions within the U.S. itself, knowingly and willingly aided and abetted the Russians by keeping this classified information from the public. Apparently reublicans believe that an uninformed, or misinformed people is in their best political interests.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Not only did the CIA confirm this as fact, that it was the Russians, and that the sole purpose of their activity was to get Trump elected, but it was also revealed that Congress was briefed on this classified information back in September and Republicans, particularly Mitch McConnell, knowingly refused to agree in a bipartisan way to let this information be known to the American people. The President has ordered a complete review of this issue to be on his desk before his term ends.
      Btw, Mitch McConnell argued that if this classified information was let out to the public prior to the election republicans would claim it to be nothing more than partisan politics and his wife ended up with a spot in Trumps Cabinet. Isn't that sweet!
      Wow and the progressive freak out continues. Let me see, so far the excuses for why your criminal candidate lost are:

1. The Russians did it! (despite the MSM attacking Mitt Romeny for saying that Russia is our number one geopolitical enemy).
      2. The election was hacked! (despite the MSM telling us, days before the election, that was impossible).
      3. Women, who voted for Trump, hate their own sex! (despite the fact that your criminal candidate covered up her husband's rapes).

The excuses and hypocrisy of the progressive left, in why their new messiah ended up losing is pretty dang funny. However; I do wonder why we should listen to the intelligence community when the very same progressive left groups attack Bush for invading Iraq when he listened to the intelligence community saying that Saddam was developing or had WMD's. So do we listen to the intelligence community only when their narrative tells us what we want to hear? I've asked other progressives this question and they see to never answer it.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Read the post. My beef isn't so much with the Russian interference, I don't think its the right way to deal with and influence foriegn governments, but yeah, the U.S is guilty of it as well. The problem here is that factions within the U.S. itself, knowingly and willingly aided and abetted the Russians by keeping this classified information from the public. Apparently reublicans believe that an uninformed, or misinformed people is in their best political interests.
        You mean like how democrats were busy burying bad stories about their criminal candidate's past behavior?
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          You mean like how democrats were busy burying bad stories about their criminal candidate's past behavior?
          I understand its going to be difficult for you Trump supporters to admit that you've been duped by a con man, critical thinking is not something you do, but now you have a Russian puppet in office with a plutocratic cabinet with connections to and sympathetic to Russia and to their own financial interests, certainly not the interests of this country, or the interest of the people who were duped into voting for Trump.

Comment

I understand its going to be difficult for you Trump supporters to admit that you've been duped by a con man, critical thinking is not something you do, but now you have a Russian puppet in office with a plutocratic cabinet with connections to and sympathetic to Russia and to their own financial interests, certainly not the interests of this country, or the interest of the people who were duped into voting for Trump.
            Sorry Jimmy, but I'm no Trump supporter and you have failed to prove that Trump is a puppet of Russia. That is, beyond your own paranoia and excuses about why your criminal candidate ended up losing the election. Sorry, but the lying media is not to be trusted. I do love the latest red scare though. Almost as amusing as their lie about how Trump servers were 'communicating' with Russia, despite the fact that actual cyber experts said that simply wasn't true, but since when did the lying media care about facts or reality? Keep falling for every scare that the lying media throws out there Jimmy and remember, Russia is our friend... that is until it becomes convenient to blame them for the failures to get your criminal candidate elected that is. It must suck to be a progressive right now. Living in fear, in your basement, must be a rather hard life to live.

Do tell though Jimmy, why would many congressional Republicans, who are not friends of Trump, would want to block that Russia was interfering with the election? Gosh, the media seems to be running scared now. What will be the next scare be?
            Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 12-10-2016, 09:53 AM.
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And thats okay with you?

Clinton wasn't my first choice, Sanders was, but she wasn't so horrible that she couldn't win the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes. The actual margin at the moment is Clinton by 2.8 million. So, if Clinton is such a horrible candidate, what does losing the popular vote to her, by nearly 3 million votes, make Trump? In a screwed up system like the electoral college, it makes him the winner.
              Dear JimL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPpt...ature=youtu.be

Obama said stop whining about 'rigged election'!!! Get over it, big baby!

Love,
              Demi
              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Not only did the CIA confirm this as fact, that it was the Russians, and that the sole purpose of their activity was to get Trump elected, but it was also revealed that Congress was briefed on this classified information back in September and Republicans, particularly Mitch McConnell, knowingly refused to agree in a bipartisan way to let this information be known to the American people. The President has ordered a complete review of this issue to be on his desk before his term ends.
                Btw, Mitch McConnell argued that if this classified information was let out to the public prior to the election republicans would claim it to be nothing more than partisan politics and his wife ended up with a spot in Trumps Cabinet. Isn't that sweet!
                Could you please take a couple extra minutes when you do these shocking revelations to also include a cite or link to the actual story?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Cite please or it didn't happen.

Comment

Thank you Putin...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                      The flipside is more important, imho.
                      Eh, if your chosen candidate had been slightly more trustworthy and in touch with the non-elite, it wouldn't have mattered. You ought to be pissed off at the Clinton campaign for its dirt, not that it was exposed.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Could you please take a couple extra minutes when you do these shocking revelations to also include a cite or link to the actual story?
                        It's not blockbuster news...

The CIA presentation to senators about Russia’s intentions fell short of a formal U.S. assessment produced by all 17 intelligence agencies. A senior U.S. official said there were minor disagreements among intelligence officials about the agency’s assessment, in part because some questions remain unanswered.

For example, intelligence agencies do not have specific intelligence showing officials in the Kremlin “directing” the identified individuals to pass the Democratic emails to WikiLeaks, a second senior U.S. official said. Those actors, according to the official, were “one step” removed from the Russian government, rather than government employees. Moscow has in the past used middlemen to participate in sensitive intelligence operations so it has plausible deniability.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.4ff636d0f982
                        That makes it pretty plain that it's speculation the Russian government was involved, nor does it provide us any additional information we had before from DHS, thus nothing "blockbuster" about it. Russian "actors" I presume means they were of Russian nationality. I'm not sure what they mean by "one step removed" though. Seems pretty vague.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

That makes it pretty plain that it's speculation the Russian government was involved, nor does it provide us any additional information we had before from DHS, thus nothing "blockbuster" about it. Russian "actors" I presume means they were of Russian nationality. I'm not sure what they mean by "one step removed" though. Seems pretty vague.
                          “I’ll be the first one to come out and point at Russia if there’s clear evidence, but there is no clear evidence — even now,” said Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee and a member of the Trump transition team. “There’s a lot of innuendo, lots of circumstantial evidence, that’s it.”

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                            I suspected not, given the source.

Besides, who's been in charge of our National Security for the past 8 years? They're pretty much admitting they were asleep at the (cisco) switch.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Eh, if your chosen candidate had been slightly more trustworthy and in touch with the non-elite, it wouldn't have mattered. You ought to be pissed off at the Clinton campaign for its dirt, not that it was exposed.
                              3 million more votes man. And, no, I don't need to be mad at just one group. Russia just successfully attacked our Democracy. That is not good and a certain strain of conservatives are thanking Putin for it :/ treasonous bastards. Meanwhile a certain strain of people can't seem to do much more than snicker over a regime change intelligence operation tilting an election affecting us Ironically :/ damn fools.

And in touch with the non elite? Trump is the elite, look at his cabinet picks! I honestly, legitimately feel bad for the millions of people who have put their faith in him because of his populist rhetoric who are going to get screwed when their Medicaid is replaced by vouchers, slowly starving the program, among other things. A secretary of labor who wants to replace people with machines at any opportunity!

On the night of the election, Democrats were strategizing and figured for the campaign promises of his we liked, and there were a few, we'd back it while vehemently opposing the more fantastical nonsense. But since the election? Yeesh... I'm not sure what, exactly, the opposite of draining a swamp is, but I'm pretty sure packing it with billionaire CEO's he's buddy buddy with counts. Former Goldman Sachs employees at his left and right hand while during the campaign he castigated Hillary just for getting paid to give a speech. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                                3 million more votes man.
                                Except, of course, that BOTH sides were laser focused on the STATES with the most electoral votes, not the popular vote.

And, no, I don't need to be mad at just one group. Russia just successfully attacked our Democracy.
                                Who's been in charge of our National Security the last 8 years?

And in touch with the non elite? Trump is the elite, look at his cabinet picks!
                                Yeah, he really should appoint Joe Sixpack, or maybe you and JimL.

Comment