See less

I've been Christian for 28 years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing as I'm a Lutheran, I believe I've been a Christian since I was baptized as a newborn. So that makes it 25, close to 26 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
      Seeing as I'm a Lutheran, I believe I've been a Christian since I was baptized as a newborn. So that makes it 25, close to 26 years now.
      For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

You didn't get baptized - some guy in a dress tried to drown you and your family just stood there taking pictures!

baptism.jpg
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't know. I was raised Christian and considered myself to be a pretty staunch Christian but I did not realize until age 20 that Christianity required a change in lifestyle. So 10 years or so if you count that as the beginning.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          I don't know. I was raised Christian and considered myself to be a pretty staunch Christian but I did not realize until age 20 that Christianity required a change in lifestyle. So 10 years or so if you count that as the beginning.
          Me too - I was practically born in Church*, from a Christian home, but didn't realize that I didn't actually have a "personal relationship**" with Christ until about that same age.

*reminds me of the line "If a cat crawled into an oven and gave birth to kittens, would you call them 'muffins'"?
          **I realize some here hate that expression, but I simply mean that my relationship to Christ - prior to this - was based on the fact that my Dad was a deacon, my brother was a preacher, I attended Church, etc.... I don't think I had made a genuine confession of faith where I really "meant business" prior to that
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This seems to me to be mostly an exercise in determining whose is bigger.
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Yeah, my arrogance is certainly bigger than all of you guys'.

Comment

I'm a girl, so...
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I don't see it that way at all. I just saw it as - somebody was curious where everybody else was in their walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I don't see it that way at all. I just saw it as - somebody was curious where everybody else was in their walk.
                    Well, time is not necessarily a meaningful indicator of that.
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                      I'm a girl, so...
                      ...you can still boast.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, time is not necessarily a meaningful indicator of that.
                        Of course, but to assume.....

nevermind

Comment

...you can still boast.
                          About?

Comment

About?
                            Christ crucified, buried and risen again.

Comment

About?
                              How long you've been saved.

I'm not trying to assume anything, just noting a tendency in myself to feel proud about how long I've been a Christian which I need to squash when it comes up. I don't think I'm alone in that.
                              sigpic

Comment

true, except why aren't all the Christians who have been Christians for many decades mature? Years plainly do not correlate with maturity.

Comment