Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Half of Detroit Votes may be Ineligible for Recount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And it ONLY happened in precincts that Hillary won. What a coincidence!
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      The investigation determined that there was no voter fraud in Detroit, the problem was with the voting machines, which were all very old, were jamming when ballots were inserted. Those machines are being replaced next cycle. The scanners kept jamming and the voter would then insert the same ballot again, not another ballot, the same ballot, until it went through. That would account for the descrepency between ballots and vote tallys. When that happens the poll workers should have recalibrated the machines so that it accurately reflects the vote tally, which apparently in many cases they were not doing when the scanners jammed. Now of course, you can believe that it wasn't faulty machines, or human error on the part of the poll workers, most of who, according to the report, were older volunteers, and were not well trained with respect to the malfunctioning machines, or you can believe it was the nefarious and conspiratorial acts of poll workers all throughout the half of the 600 or so districts. The investigation said "no evidence of fraud". But enjoy your fantasy of massive conspiracy and voter fraud anyway! Btw, this has nothing to do with the in person voter fraud, which is the usual claim put forth by republicans.
      [Citation needed]

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        And it ONLY happened in precincts that Hillary won. What a coincidence!
        Well, no, it only happened in half of the precincts that Hillary won and seeing that Detroit is basically democratic territory anyway, and that she won Detroit by a wopping 97% to 3% margin over Trump, its not much of a coincidence at all.

Comment

Meanwhile in Texas: (Even in states that Trump won there is evidence of voter fraud)

Source: Houston Chronicle

AP Exclusive: Hundreds of Texans may have voted improperly
          AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Texas election officials have acknowledged that hundreds of people were allowed to bypass the state's toughest-in-the-nation voter ID law and improperly cast ballots in the November presidential election by signing a sworn statement instead of showing a photo ID.The chief election officers in two of the state's largest counties are now considering whether to refer cases to local prosecutors for potential perjury charges or violations of election law. Officials in many other areas say they will simply let the mistakes go, citing widespread confusion among poll workers and voters.

The Texas law requires voters to show one of seven approved forms of identification to cast ballots. It was softened in August to allow people without a driver's license or other photo ID to sign an affidavit declaring that they have an impediment to obtaining required identification.
          Even after the affidavits were introduced, voters who possess an acceptable photo ID were still required to show it at the polls....

The disclosures came as top Texas Republicans cheered the case of a Mexican national who was sentenced to eight years in prison for illegal voting. Rosa Maria Ortega was convicted earlier this month on two felony counts of illegal voting over allegations she improperly cast a ballot five times between 2005 and 2014 in Tarrant County. Her attorney has said Ortega was a permanent U.S. resident who mistakenly thought she was eligible to vote.

© Copyright Original Source

http://www.chron.com/news/texas/arti...d-10942511.php
          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            Well, no, it only happened in half of the precincts that Hillary won...
            But it didn't happen in any of the precincts that Trump won. It's a coincidence, I tell you!

And if you believe that, you might be interested in this bridge in Brooklyn I have for sale.

I'll even sell it you for cheap because I like ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
              Meanwhile in Texas: (Even in states that Trump won there is evidence of voter fraud)

Source: Houston Chronicle

AP Exclusive: Hundreds of Texans may have voted improperly
              AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Texas election officials have acknowledged that hundreds of people were allowed to bypass the state's toughest-in-the-nation voter ID law and improperly cast ballots in the November presidential election by signing a sworn statement instead of showing a photo ID.The chief election officers in two of the state's largest counties are now considering whether to refer cases to local prosecutors for potential perjury charges or violations of election law. Officials in many other areas say they will simply let the mistakes go, citing widespread confusion among poll workers and voters.

The Texas law requires voters to show one of seven approved forms of identification to cast ballots. It was softened in August to allow people without a driver's license or other photo ID to sign an affidavit declaring that they have an impediment to obtaining required identification.
              Even after the affidavits were introduced, voters who possess an acceptable photo ID were still required to show it at the polls....

The disclosures came as top Texas Republicans cheered the case of a Mexican national who was sentenced to eight years in prison for illegal voting. Rosa Maria Ortega was convicted earlier this month on two felony counts of illegal voting over allegations she improperly cast a ballot five times between 2005 and 2014 in Tarrant County. Her attorney has said Ortega was a permanent U.S. resident who mistakenly thought she was eligible to vote.

© Copyright Original Source

http://www.chron.com/news/texas/arti...d-10942511.php
              It's a safe bet that the overwhelming majority of those illegal votes went to Democrat candidates.

Comment

It's a safe bet that the overwhelming majority of those illegal votes went to Democrat candidates.
                No, really MM? Who ever would have guessed you'd have come to that conclusion. How much would you wager that those Texas election officials who made the claim don't do anything about it?

Comment

But it didn't happen in any of the precincts that Trump won. It's a coincidence, I tell you!
                  Yeah, it didn't happen in 63% of the precincts, what percentage of those precincts did Trump win, 1% ?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    The investigation determined that there was no voter fraud in Detroit, the problem was with the voting machines, which were all very old, were jamming when ballots were inserted. Those machines are being replaced next cycle. The scanners kept jamming and the voter would then insert the same ballot again, not another ballot, the same ballot, until it went through. That would account for the descrepency between ballots and vote tallys. When that happens the poll workers should have recalibrated the machines so that it accurately reflects the vote tally, which apparently in many cases they were not doing when the scanners jammed. Now of course, you can believe that it wasn't faulty machines, or human error on the part of the poll workers, most of who, according to the report, were older volunteers, and were not well trained with respect to the malfunctioning machines, or you can believe it was the nefarious and conspiratorial acts of poll workers all throughout the half of the 600 or so districts. The investigation said "no evidence of fraud". But enjoy your fantasy of massive conspiracy and voter fraud anyway! Btw, this has nothing to do with the in person voter fraud, which is the usual claim put forth by republicans.
                    Citation or it is just something you pulled out of your hat like always JimL.

Comment

One wonders why JimL is so afraid to show his sources. is it because he knows they are wrong? I bet that is it becuase he knwos we will find out he is stupidly just spouting off dishonest leftist talking points which is all he has. He can't do his own homework because he is not smart enough to. so how did he get through school not doing any homework hmm?
                      Last edited by RumTumTugger; 02-20-2017, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                        One wonders why JimL is so afraid to show his sources. is it because he knows they are wrong? I bet that is it becuase he knwos we will find out he is stupidly just spouting off dishonest leftist talking points which is all he has. He can't do his own homework because he is not smart enough to. so how did he get through school not doing any homework hmm?

Comment