Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Problems with Heliocentrism, Part 2

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
    As has been pointed out to you ad nauseum, you can define a reference frame where the whole universe revolves around your left buttcheek if you wish. That doesn't make your derriere be the actual stationary center of the universe though.
    So you have freely admitted that it is very easy to construct a Geocentric maths model of the universe.

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnMartin View Post
      So you have freely admitted that it is very easy to construct a Geocentric maths model of the universe.
      You're still not getting it. A model of the universe is not a relativistic frame of reference thing. Having Earth as a relativistic frame of reference doesn't make a geocentric model. So no, he didn't admit anything of the sort.
      Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

• Discussion on Problems 68-69 have come to an end. More Problems for the Helio model are presented.

Problem 70

A video entitled Sun-Moon Light Angles Contradict Heliocentrism. Flat Earth.

The video shows the angle from the sun to the moon is not aligned with the angle of the moon light on the face of the moon. The lack of conformity of sun-moon angle to the sunlight angle on the moon's face indicates the Helio model of moon light originates from the sun is either false or requires an explanation.

Problem 71

The Sun size changes from the high altitude based balloon from that of the earth based observer. The change in sun size is problematic for a Heliocentric model that requires the sun to be about 93 million miles from the earth. For if the sun is so far away, a relatively small change in observer height from earth to balloon will not result in a change in the sun size.

sun size.jpg

The picture was taken from the video below -

JM
        Last edited by JohnMartin; 12-30-2016, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Discussion on Problems 68-69 have come to an end. More Problems for the Helio model are presented.

JM
          Moonbat are you really going to start arguing for a flat Earth too???

Comment

Moonbat are you really going to start arguing for a flat Earth too???
            He doesn't surprise us anymore. He even argued against Calculus at some point, as I remember it.

Comment

• Hey John, writing replies to you now and then. Will post them all when I'm done. It takes time, I'm enjoying a vacation and visiting my family. They, church and work come first.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Moonbat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                Hey John, writing replies to you now and then. Will post them all when I'm done. It takes time, I'm enjoying a vacation and visiting my family. They, church and work come first.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Moonbat.
                If you could point out three posts you want me to respond to it would be appreciated. I may agree with some of your comments. Some of your comments in the past have been informative. Not every Helio problem remains unresolved.

Happy new Year. Written at 12:02am on 1 January, 2017.

Moonbat as unnecessarily demeaning. Please call me John.

JM
                Last edited by JohnMartin; 12-31-2016, 07:16 AM.

Comment

• Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: Sparko

What did I TELL you several times? If there is not discussion of a point, the thread dies. And you didn't even give the last points enough time for discussion. You just can't obey the rules John.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                  Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Sparko; 01-03-2017, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Problem 72

The conjunction of Mercury, Venus and Jupiter in August 2016 is problematic for the planets are said to align and be seen at night, yet the models predict the alignment will be observed during the day. Venus should only be seen at day, for the earth faces the sun and the interior planet of Venus during the day.
                    You watched the video, right? Just after sunset, you'll be able to see the planetary alignment a little above the horizon. Then the planets will drop below the horizon.

If we actually see this happen, will this still be a problem for you?
                    Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

• HI john - why do you suppose we see these conjunctions that you think we can't see? Why would they be easier to see in the geo model than the standard model?

Jim
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                        You watched the video, right? Just after sunset, you'll be able to see the planetary alignment a little above the horizon. Then the planets will drop below the horizon.

If we actually see this happen, will this still be a problem for you?
                        The Helio model as shown in the video and the picture show the night facing away from Venus, so the Helio model would have to explain how we can see Venus at any time during the night.

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          HI john - why do you suppose we see these conjunctions that you think we can't see? Why would they be easier to see in the geo model than the standard model?

Jim
                          The Geo model may require a review if the Venus objection has some teeth. Upon inspection of the problem an answer needs to be forthcoming from the Helio model. The geometry of the model would have to be shown and then the maths given to show how would could see Venus whilst the Earth is facing away from Venus. A more difficult problem occurs with Mercury which is said to be seen along with Venus and Jupiter in Naked Eyes on the Sky: Find & see Mercury.

Another video discusses the the problem of Mercury and Venus seen from Earth.

How can Venus & Mercury be Seen at Night?

The video is interesting, because it contains several other objections against the Helio model. The objections are -

1) Mercury is an interior orbiting planet which should not be seen from earth during the night, and cannot be seen during the day.

2) Mercury is too small (3,000 miles) and too far away (>=77 million miles) to be seen from earth according to the laws of perspective.

3) If Mercury is seen during the night it should only be a crescent Mercury and not a full Mercury as is portrayed on some websites.

Something to consider and should give some pause for the Helio model.

JM

Comment

Another video discusses the the problem of Mercury and Venus seen from Earth.

Something to consider and should give some pause for the Helio model.

JM
                            Please link to a map of the flat Earth which you accept as accurate. Please point out where on the map Antarctica and the South pole are located.

Comment

Please link to a map of the flat Earth which you accept as accurate. Please point out where on the map Antarctica and the South pole are located.
                              I'm not a flat Earther. I'm only using arguments on the web against Helio from whatever sources can be found. I'm a geocentrist.

JM

Comment

• The standard Helio explanation for the phases of the moon is given in the video below.

Lunar Cycle, Why The Moon Change Shapes, 8 Phases Of The Moon, Learning Videos For Children

As the moon orbits the earth, the variable sun light on the moons face is reflected towards or away from earth. The waning crescent phase (T3:36) should be seen during the day.

Another moon watcher has pictures of the crescent moon during the day and night in the video entitled - crescent moon during day and night

The waning crescent at night seems to contradict the standard explanation of the Helio model with the waning crescent at day. The moon watcher asks the question -

So that proves, sun and earth not responsible for the crescent on the moon. Sun rises and sun sets and crescent stayed the same during day and night, correct?
                                Maybe it does. The Helio model has some explaining to do.

JM
                                Last edited by JohnMartin; 01-02-2017, 03:13 AM.

Comment