Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DRAMA - Michelle Obama says America is entering a time of hopelessness

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I don't like Trump, but seeing a significant portion of the population go into full apocalyptic meltdown mode even before he's sworn in is quite pop-corn worthy; at least he's providing entertainment.
    That is pretty much why I voted for him (that and the supreme court thing). And a lot of others too. Shake things up and watch the democrats act like the end of the world is here. Well today is the official electoral vote. Assuming they don't steal the election, we should see another round of riots and such, until they give in to their hopelessness and accept the inevitable.

2. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
    Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Obama and Michelle are classy people right up until one of them says something.
    Meh Gerbil is god. - firstfloor, taking his first step towards the light

4. Amen mossrose, Cerebrum123, Jedidiah, Chrawnus amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
    Never much liked Trump, but all the irrational liberal lies and hate do leave me with some soft spot for him.
    It seems that the majority of those here at Tweb who ended up voting for Trump made it clear that they didn't trust him and they were not as much voting for him as voting to keep Hillary out.

I'm always still in trouble again

6. Amen Jedidiah, Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    It seems that the majority of those here at Tweb who ended up voting for Trump made it clear that they didn't trust him and they were not as much voting for him as voting to keep Hillary out.
    And to piss off the uber-liberals like Starlight, Tassman, and Jaecp. Wait, did I type that out loud?

8. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
    Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Cow Poke's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It sure is fun, though, watching the liberals go ape-poop. Had I known it would be this much fun, I might have voted FOR Trump instead of voting against Hillary.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

10. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It sure is fun, though, watching the liberals go ape-poop. Had I known it would be this much fun, I might have voted FOR Trump instead of voting against Hillary.
    I'm almost feeling guilty for getting such a kick over the fact that after they worked so hard trying to get Electors pledged to Trump to vote otherwise (including numerous death threats) that over three times as many of Hillary's electors chose to defect as did Trumps. Almost, but not quite

12. Amen One Bad Pig, Cerebrum123, Chrawnus amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm almost feeling guilty for getting such a kick over the fact that after they worked so hard trying to get Electors pledged to Trump to vote otherwise (including numerous death threats) that over three times as many of Hillary's electors chose to defect as did Trumps. Almost, but not quite
    If Hillary had been up with, say, 272 votes and the defections still happened, there'd be some people entering the witness protection program.
    Last edited by One Bad Pig; 12-20-2016 at 05:49 PM.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Oops. Four times as many!

According to that bastion of right wing "fake news" propaganda, NPR ():

Trump secured 304 electoral votes — two fewer than he earned in November, according to the Associated Press, which tracked results from capitol to capitol. That was despite a pitched effort by some on the left who wrote letters to Trump electors trying to persuade them to switch their votes or not vote at all and keep Trump short of the 270 needed.

Not only did it not happen, but more electors tried to defect from Hillary Clinton Monday than from Trump, by a count of eight to two. Three Democratic electors in Maine, Minnesota, and Colorado tried to vote for candidates other than Clinton. The electors' votes, however, were disallowed because of state rules binding them to the statewide popular vote winner.

And of course ABC and NBC have ignored this after repeatedly hyping the left's doomed effort to use the Electoral College (while simultaneously calling for it to be dismantled) to overturn the election in Hillary's favor. Only CBS mentioned it. Barely. When Major Garrett said in passing that Trump "suffered fewer defections than Hillary Clinton."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Michelle Obama says America is entering a time of hopelessness

What DRAMA!!!!

Attachment 20063

With fewer than 40 days remaining as first lady, Michelle Obama is continuing to reflect on the legacy she and President Obama will leave after having occupied the White House for the last eight years. In a new interview with Oprah Winfrey, the first lady addressed the election outcome and suggested that the U.S. is entering a time of hopelessness.

“We are feeling what not having hope feels like,” Obama told Winfrey in response to a question about whether President Obama had achieved the “hope and change” he promised while campaigning in 2008. As she often did while campaigning for Hillary Clinton, she didn’t mention President-elect Donald Trump by name. But she alluded to the contrast many in the country are feeling since he won the election last month. “We feel the difference now,” she said, noting that her husband had succeeded in keeping his campaign promise of fostering hope. “Hope is necessary. It’s a necessary concept,” she elaborated. “And Barack didn’t just talk about hope because he thought it was a nice slogan to get votes. He and I and so many believed that … what else do you have if you don’t have hope? What do you give your kids if you can’t give them hope?”
    Hope is Emo.

16. Amen One Bad Pig, Chrawnus amen'd this post.
    Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Cow Poke's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    If Hillary had been up with, say, 272 votes and the defections still happened, there'd be some people entering the witness protection program.
    IF they made it that far.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.