Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

DRAMA - Michelle Obama says America is entering a time of hopelessness

Michelle Obama says America is entering a time of hopelessness

What DRAMA!!!!

michelle.jpg

With fewer than 40 days remaining as first lady, Michelle Obama is continuing to reflect on the legacy she and President Obama will leave after having occupied the White House for the last eight years. In a new interview with Oprah Winfrey, the first lady addressed the election outcome and suggested that the U.S. is entering a time of hopelessness.

“We are feeling what not having hope feels like,” Obama told Winfrey in response to a question about whether President Obama had achieved the “hope and change” he promised while campaigning in 2008. As she often did while campaigning for Hillary Clinton, she didn’t mention President-elect Donald Trump by name. But she alluded to the contrast many in the country are feeling since he won the election last month. “We feel the difference now,” she said, noting that her husband had succeeded in keeping his campaign promise of fostering hope. “Hope is necessary. It’s a necessary concept,” she elaborated. “And Barack didn’t just talk about hope because he thought it was a nice slogan to get votes. He and I and so many believed that … what else do you have if you don’t have hope? What do you give your kids if you can’t give them hope?”

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Maybe she will finally feel how we have been for the past 8 years...

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Maybe she will finally feel how we have been for the past 8 years...
    So is she still proud to be an American?

4. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Cow Poke's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faber View Post
    So is she still proud to be an American?
    Well, she wasn't, then she was, and now she won't be again.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hope doesn't pay the bills or put food on the table.

It's an empty word without meaning outside of Christ.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

7. Amen Jedidiah, Chrawnus, Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I don't like Trump, but seeing a significant portion of the population go into full apocalyptic meltdown mode even before he's sworn in is quite pop-corn worthy; at least he's providing entertainment.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Cow Poke's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I don't like Trump, but seeing a significant portion of the population go into full apocalyptic meltdown mode even before he's sworn in is quite pop-corn worthy; at least he's providing entertainment.
    EGGzackly

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Never much liked Trump, but all the irrational liberal lies and hate do leave me with some soft spot for him.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
    Never much liked Trump, but all the irrational liberal lies and hate do leave me with some soft spot for him.
    It seems that the majority of those here at Tweb who ended up voting for Trump made it clear that they didn't trust him and they were not as much voting for him as voting to keep Hillary out.

I'm always still in trouble again

12. Amen Jedidiah, Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    It seems that the majority of those here at Tweb who ended up voting for Trump made it clear that they didn't trust him and they were not as much voting for him as voting to keep Hillary out.
    And to piss off the uber-liberals like Starlight, Tassman, and Jaecp. Wait, did I type that out loud?

14. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.