Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Poor Dems -- Democratic donors call for Clinton campaign post-mortem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Cracked?
    It's his love language.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Cracked?
      Because a liberal comedy* site is a credible source of information. No, really.

* I use the term "comedy" very loosely.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

*effect is probably the word you were reaching for here.
        No, I actually meant affect...

affect
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          On the other hand, Donald Trump went against almost everything suggested in the Republicans' 2012 post mortem and still won.
          That post-mortem was designed to keep the establishment in power, not make an honest attempt at a post-mortem. The idea that opposition to the Mexican invasion is a killer with hispanics in particular turned out to be false. And now we see a similar scenario in the Democratic party, except democrat party heads are successfully convincing their idiot base they lost because of Russia and not because Hillary Clinton is a terrible candidate who ran the worst campaign in living memory.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            No, I actually meant affect...

affect
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

English sucks...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

"effect" and "affect" can be quite confusing, as cited here.

You claim the contrary, but your "really should have said" shows otherwise. Do you want his policies changed or implemented?
                My selection of "affect" was what I intended at the time, but I admitted it was a poor choice - I shouldn't have used effect OR affect - I should have done what I clarified my intent to be....

" He's operating more like a CEO hiring people he believes can affect implement his policies. "

It was actually NRAJeff who pointed out the difference to me, and he's also the one who enlightened me to the use of the word "pedantic", which... um..........

anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  "effect" and "affect" can be quite confusing, as cited here.
                  The words don't confuse me; only your usage did.
                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

The words don't confuse me; only your usage did.
                    My most humble apologies. As I have said, and am now saying for the THIRD time, I should have used "implemented".

Comment

Actually Cracked has put out some pretty good articles. It is unfortunate that they feel it necessary to pepper them with obscenities in attempt to sound hip or cool.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Actually Cracked has put out some pretty good articles. It is unfortunate that they feel it necessary to pepper them with obscenities in attempt to sound hip or cool.
                        They've also put out some pretty bad articles.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Actually Cracked has put out some pretty good articles.
                          Their pop culture articles are fun, but whenever they delve into politics, it's nothing but typical liberal pandering.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Their pop culture articles are fun, but whenever they delve into politics, it's nothing but typical liberal pandering.
                              They did an article on Christ mythism awhile back that was surprisingly good.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

They've also put out some pretty bad articles.
                                Sort of like nearly everybody

Comment