Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Is ASCII Code relevant for Apocalypse 13:18? I think so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is ASCII Code relevant for Apocalypse 13:18? I think so

Sauron, Snow and KOMUNIST (Polish spelling)

If Tolkien had gone for a fully Welsh spelling of Sindarin, including when citing Quenya words, he could have changed Sauron to Sawron.

AU in Welsh has another sound. Haul means sun and sounds like German Heil.

As you may know, I have a little "obsession" with checking ASCII Code gematria. So, as it is simplest, block letters first:

S 83 80 3
    A 65 140 8
    W 87 220 15
    R 82 300 17
    O 79 370 26
    N 78 440 34 = 474

Suppose one used normal capitalisation, S as blockletter, rest un lower case, one would get 474 + 160 (five times 32, one time for each minuscule) = 634.

Suppose one lower cased first letter too, as in email adresses or site url's, or in certain versions of PC printing, one would have 474 + 192 (six times 32 instead of just five times). It would be 666.
    I leave you to read yourself about C P Snow, KOMUNIST and a few more indications.

Link here.
    http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

Another numerologist!

Wiki this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numerology

Originally posted by hansgeorg View Post
    Since my writing involves extensive use of wikipedia....
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Citing :

"Numerology had not found favor with the Christian authority of the day and was assigned to the field of unapproved beliefs along with astrology and other forms of divination and 'magic'."

Reference : citation needed.

In other words, a hint at a certain canon of Nicea of sth like that could clear the doubt on whether calculating the number of the beast falls under the disapproval or not.

Next little piece of text is interesting:

"Despite this religious purging, the spiritual significance assigned to the heretofore "sacred" numbers had not disappeared; several numbers, such as the "Jesus number" have been commented and analyzed by Dorotheus of Gaza and numerology still is used at least in conservative Greek Orthodox circles.[4][5]"

This has references:

Η Ελληνική γλώσσα, ο Πλάτων, ο Αριστοτέλης και η Ορθοδοξία (in Greek). Acrobase.gr. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
      http://www.acrobase.gr/showthread.php?t=25436

(A forum, and I don't understand Modern Greek, so cannot quite check this).

Αγαπητέ Πέτρο, Χρόνια Πολλά και ευλογημένα από Τον Κύριο Ημών Ιησού Χριστό (in Greek). Users.otenet.gr. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
      http://users.otenet.gr/~mystakid/petroan.htm

Either way, numerological approaches to the number have been too prominent to be totally heterodox.

Comment

Just because there's a book in the Bible called "Numbers" doesn't mean God intended for us to be rooting around in numerology to find His Truth. That's why He has given us the Holy Spirit.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I leave you to read yourself about C P Snow, KOMUNIST and a few more indications.[/URL]
          Hey CP, is he suggesting that you are a snowflake?
          When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
            Hey CP, is he suggesting that you are a snowflake?
            Would not surprise me in the least. The boy has challenges.

Comment

so you change the spelling for no other reason than to try to fit your theory and it still doesn't add up to 666?

FAIL.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                so you change the spelling for no other reason than to try to fit your theory
                With Sauron/Sawron there is another reason.

and it still doesn't add up to 666?
                sawron does.

Comment

it still doesn't add up to 666?
                  If the upper case add up to 474 and you can add 6*32, it does.

Comment

wow

Comment

Comment

The book is 'Revelation of Jesus Christ' not 'Revelation of the Beast'.
                        The book is first and foremost to reveal Christ.

To use it as a deck of tarot cards is to misuse it.
                        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

*snicker*
                          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

So, is hansgeorg saying that saur-, excuse me, sawron is the beast/antichrist, or what?

Comment

666+666+666+6+6+6=2016
                              Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                              1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                              -Ben Witherington III

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X