Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Terror Truck Attack, Berlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like German authorities had the wrong guy:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ge...+World+News%29

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7486031.html

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
      Yeah, I bet it was a bitter pill for them to swallow to admit that, and start searching anew.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The link in the OP isn't working so here is an alternate source:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...know/95644650/

Comment

Yes they are also saying on our news that they have the wrong guy. I wonder what the truth is.

Comment

I wonder if this will accelerate the approval of driverless vehicles?

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
              As opposed to doing... what, exactly? This is an ongoing investigation that took place in another country. I'm not sure what he actually could do about it at the moment.
              You'll find that CP can very rarely resist the urge to insult someone he thinks of as being outside of his group when the opportunity presents itself, regardless of how much sense the attack makes. Obama can't take any time off or he is, in some way, failing in his duty for reasons. It's been a very consistent bitch of his over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                You'll find that CP can very rarely resist the urge to insult someone he thinks of as being outside of his group when the opportunity presents itself, regardless of how much sense the attack makes. Obama can't take any time off or he is, in some way, failing in his duty for reasons. It's been a very consistent bitch of his over the years.
                There's a difference between "taking time off", and heading straight to the golf course after hearing tragic news. And, exactly what are YOU doing in this whiney little 'bitchy' post? What a freakin little hypocrite weenie.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                  I wonder if this will accelerate the approval of driverless vehicles?
                  Wouldn't that make it easier for terrorists to attack crowds? Just program the car and they don't even have to be in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Wouldn't that make it easier for terrorists to attack crowds? Just program the car and they don't even have to be in it.
                    OR hack it in progress. Shouldn't be so hard - the car has to be constantly getting input from outside to know where it is, how fast it's going, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      OR hack it in progress. Shouldn't be so hard - the car has to be constantly getting input from outside to know where it is, how fast it's going, etc.
                      Well according to TV shows, they already do this regularly with ordinary cars. Oh noes! "someone hacked my car and I can't control it! My brakes don't work! I can't steer!!! aaaaaaaaaiiiieeeeee!"

Comment

Well according to TV shows, they already do this regularly with ordinary cars. Oh noes! "someone hacked my car and I can't control it! My brakes don't work! I can't steer!!! aaaaaaaaaiiiieeeeee!"
                        There was an NCIS episode about this - a driverless car being hacked!

Oh, and....

Driverless cars could be used for assassination, says Attorney General

Let’s be very sure we think through the safety aspects of self-driving cars thoroughly. On top of all the standard safety concerns that need to be sorted, the auto industry and everyone else involved with autonomous and connected cars must also pay attention to security risks. John Carlin, U.S. assistant attorney general for national security, warned of threats from criminals, terrorists, and assassins at a Detroit car conference, as reported by Bloomberg Technology.

“There is no Internet-connected system where you can build a wall that’s high enough or deep enough to keep a dedicated nation-state adversary or a sophisticated criminal group out of the system,” said Carlin. The prospect of an international hit team controlling a driverless car with a joystick, perhaps working a windowless room continents away, may sound like a spy fiction plot, but cannot be discounted.

Related: Auto industry to government: Slow down on self-driving car guidelines

An incident in 2015, when a Jeep Cherokee was hacked to demonstrate potential remote takeover, raised the security concerns of driver-controlled vehicles with onboard automotive system connectivity. That hacking also resulted in a recall of 1.5 million vehicles and questions from federal safety agencies about why Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV didn’t report the known problem 18 months earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          There was an NCIS episode about this - a driverless car being hacked!

Oh, and....

Driverless cars could be used for assassination, says Attorney General

Let’s be very sure we think through the safety aspects of self-driving cars thoroughly. On top of all the standard safety concerns that need to be sorted, the auto industry and everyone else involved with autonomous and connected cars must also pay attention to security risks. John Carlin, U.S. assistant attorney general for national security, warned of threats from criminals, terrorists, and assassins at a Detroit car conference, as reported by Bloomberg Technology.

“There is no Internet-connected system where you can build a wall that’s high enough or deep enough to keep a dedicated nation-state adversary or a sophisticated criminal group out of the system,” said Carlin. The prospect of an international hit team controlling a driverless car with a joystick, perhaps working a windowless room continents away, may sound like a spy fiction plot, but cannot be discounted.

Related: Auto industry to government: Slow down on self-driving car guidelines

An incident in 2015, when a Jeep Cherokee was hacked to demonstrate potential remote takeover, raised the security concerns of driver-controlled vehicles with onboard automotive system connectivity. That hacking also resulted in a recall of 1.5 million vehicles and questions from federal safety agencies about why Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV didn’t report the known problem 18 months earlier.
                          Did you see Hot Tub Time Machine 2 where the Smart Car was insulted so it asked permission to eliminate the jerk?

car.jpg

Comment

Did you see Hot Tub Time Machine 2 where the Smart Car was insulted so it asked permission to eliminate the jerk?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20191[/ATTACH]
                            At least it asked permission!

Comment

we gotta get out of this place
                              if it’s the last thing we ever do ... The animals (1965)

firstfloor has reached BOILING point
                              events in Berlin are SICKENING
                              will it NEVER STOP???
                              the PROBLEM:
                              fundamentalist radical RELIGION
                              more precisely IGNORANCE
                              YES
                              and the religious fear of EDUCATION for boys and GIRLS (do you think girls would stand for this nonsense – NO!)
                              which is why the religioso suppress FEMINISM and insist on PRO-BIRTH
                              to keep the women in the KITCHEN
                              because education and particularly women’s EDUCATION KILLS GOD/S
                              so I blame YOU for this hideous MESS
                              lets STOP NOW
                              get your BIBLES and your KORANS out
                              and stick them on the nearest FIRE
                              for PITY’S SAKE
                              join hands with a MUSLIM today and do it TOGETHER
                              it is a protest against IGNORANCE INDUCED VIOLENCE
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                                we gotta get out of this place
                                Don't let the door hit you in your keister.

Comment