Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Prepubescent "Transgender Activist"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepubescent "Transgender Activist"

By now many of you have seen the cover for the January issue of National Geographic which features on its cover what they call a nine year old "transgender activist" by the name of Avery Jackson.

0000000000000psf.jpg

0000000000000psfm.jpg
    And in a more natural pose which
    doesn't try to be provocative

The first thing that strikes me is just how does he (or should I say "ze" ) know that he's transgender? I mean he hasn't even hit puberty yet. When I was that age there was a kid in my class who thought he was a dog. And the next year he was saying he was a Vulcan and incessantly went around giving the Vulcan salute and saying "Live long and prosper."

Worse, according to NG's editor Susan Goldberg, "She has lived as an openly transgender girl since age 5." What?!? At the age of five boys and girls barely recognize that there is a difference between boys and girls.

And apparently he has been an "activist" for a couple years now. To be brutally frank, who really cares what a nine year old thinks about such issues? Do we really want to be taking our lead from nine year olds[1]? It isn't like they can make an informed decision.

At that age they aren't an activist but are being used by parents as a prop to support their beliefs. Avery's mom, Debi Jackson, describes herself as a "transgender rights activist"

0000000000000psfm.jpg
    Yup, that's the picture she chose for her profile
    thousand foot psycho stare and all

I think it is clear that she's the activist and is using her child to promote her views in order to get famous/infamous (in 2016 that line has gotten increasingly blurry) and impress people in her circle. "Oh look how hip and cool I am. I have a prepubescent child who is a transgender activist and you don't." She's worse than one of these obsessive beauty pageant moms.

Debi Jackson and her husband Tom have so screwed up their child by encouraging this that they admit that they had to hide knives and scissors because they fear Avery will cut off his penis.

If Avery still feels this way several years after puberty that is a different matter but now it seems that he is merely being exploited by his parents to promote a cause they feel passionate about.

"I'm, I'm an activist and my mom says my opinion is important. I have important, um, like, stuff to say, um, about education. I think, um, I think, I shouldn't get so much homework and stuff. It isn't fair. I don't, like, have enough, um, time to play my new, um, video game. And, and, um, I didn't like it when my teacher, um, took my cell phone away cuz I was, um, watching videos. I think I should, like, be able to watch videos when I want 'specially when my teacher is, um, talking about stupid, boring stuff like math.
    Last edited by rogue06; 12-20-2016, 10:53 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

He doesn't even know what sex is yet.

Yeah this is child abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      By now many of you have seen the cover for the January issue of National Geographic which features on its cover what they call a nine year old "transgender activist" by the name of Avery Jackson.
      Sick, and why is this even in National Geographic? Never mind the fact that most kids out grow out gender dysphoria...

Conclusions
      Most children with gender dysphoria will not remain gender dysphoric after puberty. Children with persistent GID are characterized by more extreme gender dysphoria in childhood than children with desisting gender dysphoria. With regard to sexual orientation, the most likely outcome of childhood GID is homosexuality or bisexuality. J. Am. Acad. Child and Adolesc. Psychiatry, 2008;47(12):1413–1423.

http://www.jaacap.com/article/S0890-...abstract?cc=y=
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Disgusting. Child exploitation.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          He doesn't even know what sex is yet.

Yeah this is child abuse.
          In a nut shell as well as exploitation.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Dats messed up.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm, I'm an activist and my mom says my opinion is important. I have important, um, like, stuff to say, um, about education. I think, um, I think, I shouldn't get so much homework and stuff. It isn't fair. I don't, like, have enough, um, time to play my new, um, video game. And, and, um, I didn't like it when my teacher, um, took my cell phone away cuz I was, um, watching videos. I think I should, like, be able to watch videos when I want 'specially when my teacher is, um, talking about stupid, boring stuff like math.
              Looks like somebody's been taking lessons on speech from the big BM of Canada!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                Looks like somebody's been taking lessons on speech from the big BM of Canada!
                Rather disrespectful of your Prime Minister, I mean calling him a BM after all.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  Rather disrespectful of your Prime Minister, I mean calling him a BM after all.
                  He's not MY Prime Minister!

He's also an idiot and a spendthrift.

Even Prince George wouldn't highfive him!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Kids can't even decide between PB&J and Egg Salad!!! On White Or Wheat
                    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Remember, ladies, gentlemen, potatoes, and otherkin... It's only grooming/abuse/exploitation of children if the end isn't socially acceptable!

Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

It's weird that people are acting like this is a decision being made and not a medical diagnosis. If a nine year old was diagnosed with autism and received treatment and was an autism activist, nobody would be saying that the parents are pulling the strings or that the child can't yet decide to be autistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                          It's weird that people are acting like this is a decision being made and not a medical diagnosis. If a nine year old was diagnosed with autism and received treatment and was an autism activist, nobody would be saying that the parents are pulling the strings or that the child can't yet decide to be autistic.
                          37399862.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]20176[/ATTACH]
                            This needs a double amen. Medical diagnosis, my foot.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                              Gender dysmorphia isn't a real thing, obviously

Comment