Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Prepubescent "Transgender Activist"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
    A good term for people who reject the fact that "male" and "female" are designations based on a generalization of a myriad of processes that involve, in aggregate, gene expression, hormones, and neurology which can result, in a small percentage of human beings, mixed expressions of characteristics that result in anguish that may only be resolved through integration into society as an individual's preferred identity.
    Well put. This is shorter than how I usually describe that so I may need to steal it ;-)

Comment

A good term for people who reject the fact that "male" and "female" are designations based on a generalization of a myriad of processes that involve, in aggregate, gene expression, hormones, and neurology which can result, in a small percentage of human beings, mixed expressions of characteristics that result in anguish that may only be resolved through integration into society as an individual's preferred identity.
      They're obviously not resolved at all given that the majority of the population is repulsed by it. You "solve" (not really) a problem that affects an infinitesimal minority by making it everybody's problem, and then complaining about the solution.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        They're obviously not resolved at all given that the majority of the population is repulsed by it. You "solve" (not really) a problem that affects an infinitesimal minority by making it everybody's problem, and then complaining about the solution.
        The data refutes your subjective opinion concerning the additudes of the majority. According to a Pew Research poll, the great majority of Americans, including a majority of Christians believe homosexuality should be accepted.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...homosexuality/

So, since you, being that you're homophobic, are in the minority, we should stop trying to solve your problem by making it everybody's problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
          “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
            Oh, spare me the faux indignation Jaecp. My "moral outrage" was and is absolutely justified. The things you two were proposing are monstrously horrifying. Children are our most precious and innocent treasures, and people who support infanticide, pedophiles, and now naked show-and-tells are screwed in the head. I don't know what the hell is wrong with you, but by defending this creep, you're just as bad as he is. If it were up to me, both you two would have been kicked off the forum a long time ago.
            I see at least one reason Sparko didn't Amen this post.

We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
            - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
            In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
            Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Its not necessarily as simplistic as you would like to believe. Chromosones don't necessarily tell the whole story. The brain can differ from the physical nature of the body, male or female, that it occupies.
              Whatever is held in the mind is subjective though and by definition cannot be used to determine reality.
              “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Its not necessarily as simplistic as you would like to believe. Chromosones don't necessarily tell the whole story. The brain can differ from the physical nature of the body, male or female, that it occupies.

Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: Jedidiah

Argument by Weblink is not permitted. You must at least summarize what each link says.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

The brain can also "lie" to itself...for instance, I have a cousin who firmly and TRULY believes her brother is a hit man for the Mafia...(he's an IT manager at a large insurance company), she also believes that people in her apartment complex sneak into her apartment from the ceiling of her ground floor apt. and poison her food... (Yes she is under a Doctors care). Her brain telling her so, doesn't make it real. The brain telling a person they are the wrong gender, while they may firmly believe it, also does not make it reality. JS
                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
                  Whatever is held in the mind is subjective though and by definition cannot be used to determine reality.
                  Wrong. Its only subjective if it exists only in the mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                    The brain can also "lie" to itself...for instance, I have a cousin who firmly and TRULY believes her brother is a hit man for the Mafia...(he's an IT manager at a large insurance company), she also believes that people in her apartment complex sneak into her apartment from the ceiling of her ground floor apt. and poison her food... (Yes she is under a Doctors care). Her brain telling her so, doesn't make it real. The brain telling a person they are the wrong gender, while they may firmly believe it, also does not make it reality. JS
                    It isn't about what the brain, or in other words what you, are telling yourself, its what the brain, or in other words, what you, are. There is a difference in the biology of male and female brains and the brains of male children with dysphoria are biologically more akin to the female brain in its makeup and function. You're cousin is schizophrenic, and thats not her fault either, but it has nothing to do with dysphoria.

Comment

You're advocating for the tyranny of the majority. It doesn't matter if a bunch of whiny babies have a hissy fit, it matters that some people have a medical condition that needs addressing according to modern science.

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                        How should we determine whether a person's beliefs are true or false?

Comment

You're advocating for the tyranny of the majority. It doesn't matter if a bunch of whiny babies have a hissy fit, it matters that some people have a medical condition that needs addressing according to modern science.
                          You're advocating for the tyranny of the statistical rounding error (IE: actual tyranny).
                          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

How should we determine whether a person's beliefs are true or false?
                            look between their legs.

Comment

It isn't about what the brain, or in other words what you, are telling yourself, its what the brain, or in other words, what you, are. There is a difference in the biology of male and female brains and the brains of male children with dysphoria are biologically more akin to the female brain in its makeup and function. You're cousin is schizophrenic, and thats not her fault either, but it has nothing to do with dysphoria.
                              http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/...nt-study-finds

The majority of the brains were a mosaic of male and female structures, the team reports online today in the*Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Depending on whether the researchers looked at gray matter, white matter, or the diffusion tensor imaging data, between 23% and 53% of brains contained a mix of regions that fell on the male-end and female-end of the spectrum. Very few of the brains—between 0% and 8%—contained all male or all female structures. “There is no one type of male brain or female brain,” Joel says.
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

You're advocating for the tyranny of the statistical rounding error (IE: actual tyranny).
                                Yes, the tyranny of doctors following best practices and people using bathrooms. How horrible.

Comment