Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Arrest made in ‘Vote Trump’ burning of Mississippi black church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    In related news....
    Source: Racist Graffiti Incidents at Eastern Michigan and the University of Maryland Were Both Hoaxes

Authorities finally caught the perpetrators of hate crimes at Eastern Michigan University and the University of Maryland. In both cases, the person responsible for racist graffiti was not a white supremacist but a black man.

Last year, someone spray-painted "KKK" and "Leave N***|**s" on the wall of a campus courtyard at Eastern Michigan University. After reviewing "more than 1,200 hours" of security video footage, according to MLive.com, officials finally got their man: Eddie Curlin, a 29-year-old student of color. Police Chief Robert Heighes told reporters there was no racial motive in this case; Curlin's vandalism was "totally self-serving."

Curlin is already serving 1–5 years in prison for concealing stolen property during a separate incident. While we don't yet know his true motives, EMU students can feel reassured that this was not the work of a genuine neo-Nazi.

At the University of Maryland, the story is much the same. Police have accused Ronald Alford, a 52-year-old ex-employee, of spray-painting a swastika on campus property. Alford, like Curlin, is black.

© Copyright Original Source

Link
    How would that not be a race hate crime?

The perpetrator intended to promote the denigration a different racial group.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

'nother one:
      Source: Hate Crime Hoax, Air Force Edition

The U.S. Air Force Academy Preparatory School has been investigating a supposedly racist incident that happened in September and discovered it was a hoax. The Washington Times reports, “In September, racial slurs were found written on the dormitory message boards of five black cadet candidates at the prep school in Colorado Springs, sparking an investigation. The incident prompted a fiery speech by the school’s superintendent, Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria, who said cadets who can’t treat others with respect should leave.”

Well, one of the black cadets who was allegedly targeted confessed to writing the slurs himself. That cadet is no longer a student at the school.

Silveria didn’t back down from his condemnation, however, insisting, “Regardless of the circumstances under which those words were written, they were written, and that deserved to be addressed. You can never over-emphasize the need for a culture of dignity and respect — and those who don’t understand those concepts, aren’t welcome here.”

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        'nother one:
        Source: Hate Crime Hoax, Air Force Edition

The U.S. Air Force Academy Preparatory School has been investigating a supposedly racist incident that happened in September and discovered it was a hoax. The Washington Times reports, “In September, racial slurs were found written on the dormitory message boards of five black cadet candidates at the prep school in Colorado Springs, sparking an investigation. The incident prompted a fiery speech by the school’s superintendent, Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria, who said cadets who can’t treat others with respect should leave.”

Well, one of the black cadets who was allegedly targeted confessed to writing the slurs himself. That cadet is no longer a student at the school.

Silveria didn’t back down from his condemnation, however, insisting, “Regardless of the circumstances under which those words were written, they were written, and that deserved to be addressed. You can never over-emphasize the need for a culture of dignity and respect — and those who don’t understand those concepts, aren’t welcome here.”

There is a whole list of them on this site:

http://fakehatecrimes.org/

Comment

And another one

Source: Sailor staged racist vandalism, Navy says

A sailor who claimed someone scrawled racial slurs on his bed aboard an aircraft carrier —sparking a viral Facebook post in the process — staged the incident himself, the Navy said Friday.

Marquie Little, a 27-year-old African American seaman, posted photos to Facebook on Nov. 15 under an alias that showed his rack on the carrier George H.W. Bush covered in trash and racial slurs.

“I proudly serve the Navy and this is what I’m receiving in return,” he wrote in the post.

“It’s not my first time being called a word such as that,” the aviation boatswain’s mate airman said in a phone interview later that month. “It puzzled me as to who would do it and why they would do it.”

But on Friday Cmdr. Dave Hecht, a spokesman for Naval Air Force Atlantic, said “a thorough investigation” conducted with the Naval Criminal Investigative Service found inconsistencies in the sailor’s account.

“A NCIS-supported command investigation following claims of racially-motivated vandalism aboard the (carrier) has determined that the alleged victim staged the incident himself,” Hecht said in an email.

“The United States Navy does not tolerate racial discrimination of any form and the well-being of our Sailors is our top priority,” Hecht said.

Hecht declined to identify the sailor because he was not charged with a crime, but said the sailor had “received appropriate administrative actions and additional counseling and training.”

“He will remain a member of the crew and continue to perform his military duties,” Hecht said.

Source

[*Story continues at the link above*]

Personally I believe that those who file fake charges ought to suffer the penalty that anyone convicted of the act they claim someone did would have suffered. These fake accusers tend to face little more than a scolding when their actions could have easily ruined someone's life.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment