Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Cat owners are smarter than Dog owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    I like fish and when I have a home of my own, my aquarium will be back in use - but it's still easier to care for birds, which was the only point I'd made about it.
    Fish don't squawk and don't remind me of a velociraptor, coming in for the kill when they come right at you either.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I had two budgies once, "Fuji" and "Sushi." But I had to give them away when I got a dog because he would just stand under their cage and bark at them all day long. But I didn't really miss them. They were not very friendly and would always try to bite me.

I also had a ferret for a while. He was fun, but he stank. Gave him away too.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        Fish don't squawk and don't remind me of a velociraptor, coming in for the kill when they come right at you either.
        Granted on the first, depends on the fish on the second.

But birds don't have whining pumps and lights going 24/7, either...
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Birds take a lot of work to get them to where they like handling.

Protip: Descented ferrets.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            Granted on the first, depends on the fish on the second.
            Yeah, Oscars can be rather aggressive and have been known to bite people.

But birds don't have whining pumps and lights going 24/7, either...
            I use the whisper air pumps, which are pretty quiet and I keep them under the tank, so I can't even hear them (just be sure to use a check valve when you do that). The running water doesn't bug me and I find it rather relaxing. Only one of my tanks has night lighting, the other three don't and that one is in the living room.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              I keep a few Cory Catfish and algae eaters to keep mine pretty clean. The only thing I need to do is vacuum the gravel weekly and change out the filters.
              I didn't know you can vacuum gravel. How does that work without sucking in the fish?
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                I didn't know you can vacuum gravel. How does that work without sucking in the fish?
                Most of the fish are smart enough to stay out of the way and I use a siphon type of vacuum to do it. This is the kind I got and use. I haven't quite figured why anybody would spend a lot of money of an actual one, when those siphon types get the job done, just fine.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment