Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Cat owners are smarter than Dog owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celebrian View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but having more schooling does not equal more intelligent
    Yeah!
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      You really need to get new glasses - those were possums and one of Mrs. Collins' Uncle's Cousin's kittens - Mrs. Collins is still not amused. And the only one of us ever on a phone crying was you the last time I had to ship back what was left your rocket powered gyroscopic bacon retrieval contraption - as I recall you weren't upset that it crashed but that it crashed and burned to ashes with Sparky's bacon stash still in it...

And you still owe me $.96 in postage...
      Here is a picture of Chipper claiming the whiskers off of one of your docile scaredy cats

The poor kitty needed a hug just to get her to stop trembling.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's Tina - belongs to that elderly couple down the street from you. Took me ten minutes to convince her not to eat that crazy thing - you never know with a squirrel that dumb whether it has Mad Squirrel Disease...
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

That's Tina - belongs to that elderly couple down the street from you. Took me ten minutes to convince her not to eat that crazy thing - you never know with a squirrel that dumb whether it has Mad Squirrel Disease...
          They're easy to spot

Or was that after they got into one of my labs after I read a book called Strange Case of Dr something or other

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            They're easy to spot

Or was that after they got into one of my labs after I read a book called Strange Case of Dr something or other
            That was the lab - and you have GOT to stop reading while drunk...
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

That was the lab - and you have GOT to stop reading while drunk...
              That's not from alcohol; that's from the hallucinogens someone slipped into the beer when rogue wasn't looking.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                That's not from alcohol; that's from the hallucinogens someone slipped into the beer when rogue wasn't looking.
                I did have some funny looking mushrooms on my pizza that night.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  You mean when he was on the floor 'studying' the floorboards?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

You mean when he was on the floor 'studying' the floorboards?
                    No. When I was watching the ants leaving bright shiny trails that formed symbols that unlocked the secrets to the universe.

Comment

And you need hallucinogens why, exactly?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

And you need hallucinogens why, exactly?
                        Coming from the lady who stays perma-buzzed on cat dander and kitty litter fumes.

Comment

Source: ABC News: Dog People vs. Cat People: What Pet Preference Says About You

Going deeper than geography or our upbringing, though, scientists believe the selection of species can say a lot about people. A major study at the University of Texas shows that there really is a difference between "dog people" and "cat people."

Those who define themselves as "dog people" are more extroverted, more agreeable and more conscientious than self-described "cat people." Those who love felines, though, were found to be less traditional, more creative and more neurotic.

Dr. Stephen Zawistowski, a science adviser with the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, said research tends to fall in line with the stereotypes people have already established for themselves.

"We think of dog people as being the guy at the beach, with his Labrador [retriever], and throwing the Frisbee and talking to everybody; and the cat lady who sits in her apartment alone with her cats," he said.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Source: Psychology Today: Personality Differences Between Dog and Cat Owners

Recently, Sam Gosling, a psychologist at the University of Texas in Austin and his graduate student Carson Sandy conducted a web-based study in which 4,565 individuals were asked whether they were dog people, cat people, neither or both. The same group was given a 44-item assessment that measured them on the so-called Big Five personality dimensions psychologists often use to study personalities.

Gosling summarized his results saying, "There is a widely held cultural belief that the pet species -- dog or cat -- with which a person has the strongest affinity says something about the individual's personality, and this research suggests there are significant differences on major personality traits between dog people and cat people."

Just on the basis of the nature of dogs being more sociable than cats, one might expect that the personalities of dog lovers would also reflect higher sociability. The results showed that dog people were generally about 15 percent more extroverted and 13 percent more agreeable, both of which dimensions are associated with social orientation. In addition dog people were 11 percent more conscientious than cat people. Conscientiousness involves is a tendency to show self-discipline, to complete tasks and aim for achievement. The trait shows a preference for planned rather than spontaneous behavior.

In comparison cat people were generally about 12 percent more neurotic, however they were also 11 percent more open than dog people. The openness trait involves a general appreciation for art, emotion, adventure, unusual ideas, imagination, curiosity, and variety of experience. People high on openness are more likely to hold unconventional beliefs while people with low scores on openness (dog people) tend to have more conventional, traditional interests.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

So, they act like their favorite pet to a degree?
                            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

scientific proofification that cat people are nutzoids.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                scientific proofification that cat people are nutzoids.
                                Considering that 'nutzoid' would be a huge improvement for you, I suppose this means you want me to ship you a few kitties.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment