Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Wireless HDMI to multiple TVs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless HDMI to multiple TVs

I'm looking for a device to take an HDMI output (like our projection computer at Church) to multiple TVs wirelessly.

Right now, we have RGB (SVGA) going from the computer to a SVGA splitter, then VGA cables to the projectors.

We're getting ready to replace our projectors (hanging from the ceiling in the Church) with large flat panel TVs (mounted on the walls where the image was projected by the projectors).

I'd really like to come out of the computer with an HDMI cable to a transmitter that wirelessly transmits the HDMI signal to 4 different TVs. I have no problem finding the wireless 'one to one' transmitter receiver, but more difficulty finding an acceptable multiple transmitter / receiver solution.

This one looks promising, but I'm not seeing where it comes with multiple receivers.

OK, possibly this IOGEAR transmitter does 4 TVs for $700.

Still looking.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Could you use one receiver connected to an HDMI splitter and then go to the 4 TV's wired?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Could you use one receiver connected to an HDMI splitter and then go to the 4 TV's wired?
      The whole purpose of this exercise is to not have to run cable - the way we would have to do it, each run would have to be about 200'. As opposed to the sound booth being at the back of the Church, and each of the TV's being about 50' to 60' feet away 'line of sight'. The two front TV's, for example, are about 100' apart from each other, then there's on in the nursery area for nursing mothers, etc....
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Found this:
        https://www.peerless-av.com/en-us/pr...ducts/hds300-4
        You can have up to 6 receivers. The link goes to one with 4.

Comment

Found this:
          https://www.peerless-av.com/en-us/pr...ducts/hds300-4
          You can have up to 6 receivers. The link goes to one with 4.
          Hmmmm... that site doesn't say much, but using that sku, I get this....

https://www.amazon.com/Peerless-HDS3.../dp/B01A60Y4OQ

Peerless HDS300 Peerair Pro Wireless A/V Multimedia System
          4.5 out of 5 stars 4 customer reviews
          List Price: $549.00
          Price: $399.00 & FREE Shipping. Details
          You Save: $150.00 (27%)

Which appears to be comparable to the $700 solution I found, but $200 less!

ETA: Your link didn't load properly at first - I refreshed, and there was more info -

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Hmmmm... that site doesn't say much, but using that sku, I get this....

https://www.amazon.com/Peerless-HDS3.../dp/B01A60Y4OQ

Peerless HDS300 Peerair Pro Wireless A/V Multimedia System
            4.5 out of 5 stars 4 customer reviews
            List Price: $549.00
            Price: $399.00 & FREE Shipping. Details
            You Save: $150.00 (27%)

Which appears to be comparable to the $700 solution I found, but $200 less!

ETA: Your link didn't load properly at first - I refreshed, and there was more info -
            I think that amazon link is to one transmitter and one receiver. You would have to buy 3 extra receivers, so it will probably be more than your other solution in total.

Comment

I think that amazon link is to one transmitter and one receiver. You would have to buy 3 extra receivers, so it will probably be more than your other solution in total.
              Hmmmm... that's the wrong link - I've had a number open.... hold whatcha got!

Comment

I think one goal of hdmi is to support the digital rights restrictions by use of feedback from the destination device which confirms that everything is protected.

This may be the reason wireless devices are hard to find.

But this wireless process may simply tell the video source that the digital process is not secure, i.e. will not particularly prevent copying of video

//

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                  I think one goal of hdmi is to support the digital rights restrictions by use of feedback from the destination device which confirms that everything is protected.

This may be the reason wireless devices are hard to find.

But this wireless process may simply tell the video source that the digital process is not secure, i.e. will not particularly prevent copying of video

//
                  There is, as yet, no "Wireless HDMI Standard". Everybody in this space is winging it.

ETA - of course there's an "HDMI Standard" - I meant no WIRELESS standard.
                  Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-22-2016, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Yeah HDMI is two way so ideally you would need a separate "back" channel for each TV to talk back to the sending port. I guess the system we were talking about "fakes" it somehow

Comment

Yeah HDMI is two way so ideally you would need a separate "back" channel for each TV to talk back to the sending port. I guess the system we were talking about "fakes" it somehow
                      Yeah, the units I have reviewed so far do the "handshaking" as part of the signal transmission.

Comment