Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

University of Wisconsin stands by 'Problem of Whiteness' course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
    You were supposedly trying to show how my my rhetoric was identical with Nazi rhetoric about Jews. But you could not do so without adding to my words things that I did not say. Try again, but this time do not add to my words things that I did not say. Basic simple honesty. Or give up and go home.
    I actually went out of my way not to add anything and simply quoted material from your post, the course description, and actual Nazi talk.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
      http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/26...christmas.html

Pro Tip: Academics are so certifiably insane at this point it would probably be best not to challenge their ability to say moon-bat crazy things. You'll lose every time.
      Person A not equal to Person B. Try again.
      אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        I actually went out of my way not to add anything and simply quoted material from your post, the course description, and actual Nazi talk.
        But if you seriously try to imagine that the 'actual Nazi talk' was something I said, you are simply delusional.

Comment

But if you seriously try to imagine that the 'actual Nazi talk' was something I said, you are simply delusional.
          The point was that the professor speaks about whites in the course material using the same language Nazis used about Jews, and you approve of it. You don't have to actually say it yourself.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Person A not equal to Person B. Try again.
            They're on the same team.

Comment

The point was that the professor speaks about whites in the course material using the same language Nazis used about Jews, and you approve of it. You don't have to actually say it yourself.
              Don't claim to be quoting me when you are not in fact quoting me. That is simply dishonest.

Comment

Don't claim to be quoting me when you are not in fact quoting me. That is simply dishonest.
                What are you talking about? This is what I said:

Sure. You said, and I quote: "Sounds like it could be an interesting course. He could be a good professor or maybe not. I would not call for him and the university president to be fired on the basis of this course description"
                This is where my quote of you ends (note how I end your quote with the end quotation mark so everybody knows I finished quoting you) and my quoting of the material you were referring to begins. I never said you yourself said what the material said, and it sounds like you're trying to weasel out of your support for anti-white material with some feigned outrage where you pretend I claimed the entire post was a quote of your post.

Comment

What are you talking about? This is what I said:

This is where my quote of you ends (note how I end your quote with the end quotation mark so everybody knows I finished quoting you) and my quoting of the material you were referring to begins. I never said you yourself said what the material said, and it sounds like you're trying to weasel out of your support for anti-white material with some feigned outrage where you pretend I claimed the entire post was a quote of your post.
                  Your claim was that 'my rhetoric is identical with Nazi rhetoric about Jews'. It is not. False claim. Try to be honest. Failing that, at least try not to be so stupid.

Comment

I don't want to be overrun by Muslims. There have been very few instances where the Muslim domination was overturned, and it was done with outsider support. You think they'll just leave after the liberals are done? Or that people who couldn't fight off the much weaker liberals are gonna throw them out? Liberalism, in its current form at least, needs to be destroyed and it's a matter of decades at best before it becomes terminal.
                    It is, or perhaps was, my hope that Muslims would shake liberal Europe out of it's idiocy.
                    I'll admit that I'm baffled that hasn't happened yet.
                    (How has Merkel not been beaten to death and dragged through the streets of Berlin?)

I thought referring to liberalism as a mental disorder was a joke at first but now I'm starting to think that isn't the half of it.

I do think the core problem we have with liberalism is our own prosperity.
                    As long as the stupidity of that cult can be glossed over with money nobody will be forced to face its abject failure.
                    Our welfare program is largely paying people to not riot - once the money is gone conservatism will set in again.
                    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Your claim was that 'my rhetoric is identical with Nazi rhetoric about Jews'. It is not. False claim. Try to be honest. Failing that, at least try not to be so stupid.
                      How does identifying a particular race as the problem not sound like Nazi rhetoric to you?
                      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

• Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                        How does identifying a particular race as the problem not sound like Nazi rhetoric to you?
                        I did not identify a particular race as the problem. Rather I spoke of problems with both blackness and whiteness.

Comment

I did not identify a particular race as the problem. Rather I spoke of problems with both blackness and whiteness.
                          Jesus never spoke of either. The problem was - and is - lostness.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I didn't mean for you to take that personally.
                            It would have been more accurate for me to ask, "How is a class that identifies a particular race as the problem different than the Nazis who also identified a particular race as the problem?"

Comment

Are you afraid to use your own words for some strange reason?
                              Why waste the keystrokes when the professor and the course say all that is necessary?
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                                Why waste the keystrokes when the professor and the course say all that is necessary?
                                That's what I'm not getting. I don't understand why robrecht is doubling down so hard on defending this crap.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment