Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Will Obama pardon Clinton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Hillary had already lost the race by that point (despite what the fake polls were telling you), but Comey once again reinforcing his decision not to indict solidified in the mind of many voters that Hillary was "untouchable", and there are a lot of low-info voters who to this day are still under the illusion that she was actually cleared of any wrongdoing. So, yes, it was nice little pre-election bump for Hillary.
    OR, far more likely, that Comey actually meant what he said, namely that the FBI found no criminal wrongdoing.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

They're still telling themselves that the fake news on Buzzfeed about Trump's supposed ties to Russia will pan out with further investigation. They really are delusional.
      The story as reported by buzz feed was information first garnered for a republican org, apparently rep's against Trump, by a well respected 20 year veteran MI6 agent. While procuring this information, the agent recognized that the information was so important that he had to make it known and only then did he release it to the FBI. The FBI is still investigating and the agent, for what should be obvious reasons, has gone underground, since he, and more importantly his Russian sources would be put in grave danger if his identity were to be revealed. So, though the information has not been verified, it is still under investigation, there is no reason to automatically dismiss it out of hand. If it turns out to be true, then the implications for this country and its dealings with Russia are enormous. Also, Comey, the FBI, was investigating this bombshell at the very same time that he was investigating the Clinton e-mail issue, and yet, against protocol, in the midst of an election, Comey decided to make public the investigation of Clinton, but never revealed the FBI's ongoing investigation into the Trump/Russia issue. Now Comey himself is under investigation!
      Last edited by JimL; 01-13-2017, 10:59 PM.

Comment

They're still telling themselves that the fake news on Buzzfeed about Trump's supposed ties to Russia will pan out with further investigation. They really are delusional.

What makes you think that the Buzzfeed Report is “fake news”, because Trump said so”?

These are Trump's known ties to Russia and it seems there is more coming to light every day.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/11/po...sia/index.html
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Look, kids, the fake news story from BuzzFeed has been been thoroughly discussed and debunked here:

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...rump-to-Russia

I'm not going to bother reprating it all.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
            What makes you think that the Buzzfeed Report is “fake news”, because Trump said so”?

These are Trump's known ties to Russia and it seems there is more coming to light every day.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/11/po...sia/index.html
            So an international businessman did some business with Russian businesses? Scandalous!

Liberals are getting increasingly hysterical. It's fun to watch.

Yet you don't have a problem with foreign governments using the Clinton Foundation to buy favors from Secretary of State Hilary Clinton. See my earlier post detailing how the Clinton Foundation spent a mere 10% of it's income on actual charitable work.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...hacking/page22
            Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-14-2017, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Senate and House have both voted to repeal Obamacare. All that's left is for President Trump to sign it. It's a done deal, folks.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ing-to-repeal/
              Wouldn't this legislation be from the Congress previous to when Trump becomes President? Wouldn't the newly sworn in Congress have to pass the measures again before Trump could sign it?

If so then this is largely symbolic and the Democrats might be saving themselves for when it'll count -- especially those in the Senate if they're planning a filibuster (hoping the media and Hollywood will succeed in portraying Obamacare as more than worth saving in time to stop the Bill).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Wouldn't this legislation be from the Congress previous to when Trump becomes President? Wouldn't the newly sworn in Congress have to pass the measures again before Trump could sign it?

If so then this is largely symbolic and the Democrats might be saving themselves for when it'll count -- especially those in the Senate if they're planning a filibuster (hoping the media and Hollywood will succeed in portraying Obamacare as more than worth saving in time to stop the Bill).
                Since this is the newly sworn in Congress, I don't think it would have to be redone.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  OR, far more likely, that Comey actually meant what he said, namely that the FBI found no criminal wrongdoing.
                  Exact quote, please. Actual citation.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Since this is the newly sworn in Congress, I don't think it would have to be redone.

Forgot they were sworn in over a week ago.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Exact quote, please. Actual citation.
                      The FBI has determined that a new batch of emails linked to Hillary Clinton’s private email server “have not changed our conclusion” that she committed no criminal wrongdoing, FBI director James Comey told congressional leaders in a letter on Sunday.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...al-james-comey

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                        The FBI has determined that a new batch of emails linked to Hillary Clinton’s private email server “have not changed our conclusion” that she committed no criminal wrongdoing, FBI director James Comey told congressional leaders in a letter on Sunday.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...al-james-comey
                        You really can't be this stupid. You were asked for an exact quote and not a reporter's paraphrase.
                        Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-15-2017, 07:29 AM.

Comment

I'd really love to see a graph of contributions to the Clinton Foundation showing the effect of the 2016 election
                          For some inexplicable reason the Clinton Foundation announced that it is laying off folks from their pay-to-play wing of the Clinton Foundation (the Clinton Global Initiative) with others already looking for or accepting other jobs.

Comment

For some inexplicable reason the Clinton Foundation announced that it is laying off folks from their pay-to-play wing of the Clinton Foundation (the Clinton Global Initiative) with others already looking for or accepting other jobs.
                            The Gravy Train is coming to a halt.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment