Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sanctions on Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    The only reason Ukraine ended up with Crimea and other Russian regions in the first place was because the Russians wanted to ensure they had Russians there to run it as their puppet state (and use as an excuse for invasion if necessary)
    They've been playing this card since the beginning, Ukrainians got fed up with being a puppet (the poverty doesn't help, especially after the election) and rebelled.
    Uhhuh, and Ukraine so very very unhappy that Russia using Crimea as excuse to interfere in Ukraine that Ukraine...still wants Crimea back.
    Last edited by demi-conservative; 12-29-2016, 10:52 PM.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
      Uhhuh, and Ukraine so very very unhappy that Russia using Crimea as excuse to interfere in Ukraine that Ukraine...still wants Crimea back

You idiot, they are being played. That's why they want Crimea back, they don't understand how they were and are being played anymore than you do. They should make you an honorary Ukrainian.

The Ukrainians are grossly incompetent or it wouldn't have worked in the first place. They probably want Ukraine back as a matter of pride. People don't like having their stuff taken away from them. If they were smart they would have ceded all formerly russian territory and banned Russians from entering the country. Then the only way Russia could justify sending troops and military hardware is undeniable imperialism. Undeniable enough that even dumb people like you should be able to figure it out.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

You idiot, they are being played. That's why they want Crimea back, they don't understand how they were and are being played anymore than you do.
        The Ukrainians are grossly incompetent or it wouldn't have worked in the first place. They probably want Ukraine back as a matter of pride.... If they were smart they would have ceded all formerly russian territory and banned Russians from entering the country.
        So they are literally asking for it!!! (even though they can just let Crimea go so easily) Poor them!!

Now let's amend previous statement of yours!!

The only reason Ukraine ended up with Crimea and other Russian regions in the first place was because the Russians wanted to ensure they had Russians there to run it as their puppet state
        ....and also because Ukraine was idiotic, asking for it.

Comment

So they are literally asking for it!!! (even though they can just let Crimea go so easily) Poor them!!

Now let's amend previous statement of yours!!
          They are not asking for anything, they expelled Russia's puppet, putin got mad and illegally annexed crimea, then Obama and the Sheikhs cratered Russia's economy by lowering oil prices.

....and also because Ukraine was idiotic, asking for it.
          More like Ukraine was desperate. When sadistic psychos like you keep them in crushing poverty they stop making rational decisions and just start lashing out against their enemies.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
            Obama is a fiend for staring this nonsense with Russia when he has less than a month in office.
            What a classless lout.
            Nonsense. All Americans including Trump should be alarmed by Russia’s actions in interfering in the US elections. All the main US agencies are unanimous that the data theft and disclosure activities could only have been directed by the highest levels of the Russian government. The fact that Trump is indifferent to it raises it's own questions as to why the lack of concern on his part. Was he involved in it, did he have inside knowledge of it? I guess so.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              Nonsense. All Americans including Trump should be alarmed by Russia’s actions in interfering in the US elections. All the main US agencies are unanimous that the data theft and disclosure activities could only have been directed by the highest levels of the Russian government. The fact that Trump is indifferent to it raises it's own questions as to why the lack of concern on his part. Was he involved in it, did he have inside knowledge of it? I guess so.
              Russia did not interfere in the US elections in any meaningful way. They hacked the DNC (a private institution) and exposed its corruption and cheating. Strange how it's only when foreign interference against democrats is an issue. Foreigners (me and you included) routinely "interfere" in the US election by advocating for one candidate over the other. You're gonna have to retaliate against nearly the entire planet at this rate.

Comment

They are not asking for anything
                "The Ukrainians are grossly incompetent or it wouldn't have worked in the first place. They probably want Ukraine back as a matter of pride.... If they were smart they would have ceded all formerly russian territory and banned Russians from entering the country.
                "

They know Crimea was excuse for Russia to interfere, but they still want Crimea, so they're asking for it.

More like Ukraine was desperate. When sadistic psychos like you
                I have been admitted to famous club of sadistic psychos!!!

Comment

They know Crimea was excuse for Russia to interfere
                  Are you illiterate or something? You don't seem to comprehend even the most simple parts of what I just explained to you.

I have been admitted to famous club of sadistic psychos!!!
                  TBH you're probably just dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
                    Ugh, here we go again.... "Seeing how the Cold war was so much fun last time... let's do it again!"
                    And we also have...

-Obama expelling diplomats
                    -joint report by DHS and FBI that says....surprise surprise (like almost every country that is developed) Russia tries to hack US stuff

Who'dve thunk it???

Comment

Russia did not interfere in the US elections in any meaningful way. They hacked the DNC (a private institution) and exposed its corruption and cheating. Strange how it's only when foreign interference against democrats is an issue. Foreigners (me and you included) routinely "interfere" in the US election by advocating for one candidate over the other. You're gonna have to retaliate against nearly the entire planet at this rate.
                      Interesting how Trump and his acolytes seem to be the only people among both the GOP and DNC that have no problem with the interference of a hostile power in the democratic elections in the USA. Why is this one wonders.
                      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Interesting how Trump and his acolytes seem to be the only people among both the GOP and DNC that have no problem with the interference of a hostile power in the democratic elections in the USA. Why is this one wonders.
                        Interesting how the only Republicans who back you up on your crazy plan to deflect blame from DNC incompetence are neocons you losers were demanding to be put on trial for crimes against humanity over the Iraq war.

I noticed that you don't have much to say about your own interference in the US election. Do you think Obama should take action against you for always shilling for the DNC? Or is it only an issue when Russia does it?

Comment

Interesting how the only Republicans who back you up on your crazy plan to deflect blame from DNC incompetence are neocons you losers were demanding to be put on trial for crimes against humanity over the Iraq war.
                          Sigh!

Yet again the issue is NOT one of domestic American politics, i.e. DNC v GOP. It is about the interference of a hostile power, Russia, in the US elections. It would be of major concern whichever party was being hacked.

And this is recognised by “A growing chorus of powerful voices on Capitol Hill -- including Mitch McConnell, the top Republican in the Senate [who] is calling for a bipartisan probe into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential vote”.

“So why is Trump so quick to dismiss intelligence agencies' findings even as leaders of his own party express concerns about Russia's role in the 2016 election?”

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/12/po...2016-election/

Obviously because he is prepared to overlook unacceptable ethics when it’s to his advantage...as one sadly must expect from a moral reprobate like Trump.

Comment

"The Russians are trying to rig our election by exposing how we are trying to rig our election"

Most memorable democrat position of 2016.
                            “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Sigh!

Yet again the issue is NOT one of domestic American politics, i.e. DNC v GOP. It is about the interference of a hostile power, Russia, in the US elections. It would be of major concern whichever party was being hacked.

And this is recognised by “A growing chorus of powerful voices on Capitol Hill -- including Mitch McConnell, the top Republican in the Senate [who] is calling for a bipartisan probe into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential vote”.

“So why is Trump so quick to dismiss intelligence agencies' findings even as leaders of his own party express concerns about Russia's role in the 2016 election?”

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/12/po...2016-election/

Obviously because he is prepared to overlook unacceptable ethics when it’s to his advantage...as one sadly must expect from a moral reprobate like Trump.
                              Hacked + selectively released information + the network of self referential websites that passed along these stories + botnets discussing these stories/resharing them/mass upvoting + a ton more stuff. It is not merely hacking. It is the disinformation campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                                Hacked + selectively released information + the network of self referential websites that passed along these stories + botnets discussing these stories/resharing them/mass upvoting + a ton more stuff. It is not merely hacking. It is the disinformation campaign.
                                Yes it is exactly that. The Trump clones are an "island unto themselves" surrounded on all sides by those that see the hacking etc for the disinformation campaign orchestrated by Russia that it was...including senior members of their own party. They have every reason to be concerned, next time it could be them.
                                Last edited by Tassman; 12-30-2016, 04:33 AM.

Comment