Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FBI, DHS release report on Russia hacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And as I look at the thread, I recall that my point was that if anybody tried to question Ted Cruz's eligibility to run for president then it would by hypocritical to not question Obama's.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I considered it a non-issue.
      But why? If the president produced a birth certificate of questionable authenticity, why would you consider that to be a non-issue? You don't care if presidents produce official documents of questionable authenticity?
      אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
        But why? If the president produced a birth certificate of questionable authenticity, why would you consider that to be a non-issue? You don't care if presidents produce official documents of questionable authenticity?
        Seriously, why are you trying to pick a fight over this? I understand why people had their doubts even if I didn't share them.

Comment

Seriously, why are you trying to pick a fight over this? I understand why people had their doubts even if I didn't share them.
          אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

PUTIN won.

Comment

• What's there to discuss?

Comment

I never questioned Obama's legitimacy, only his competence, and I think my doubts on that score have been more than justified.
                But you nevertheless saw fit to vote for the unethical creature who questioned Obama's legitimacy for 8 years on the basis of a total lie, namely Obama's place of birth. He has yet to offer an apology for this.

Oh, but I do love the narrative that Hillary would have won if only the email leaks hadn't proven how rotten she really was.
                We will never know just how much the Russian leaks and the last minute Comey intervention affected the election results but, given the narrow margin of the Trump victory and Hillary's massive popular vote, it's reasonable to assume that Hillary may well have won.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  We will never know just how much the Russian leaks and the last minute Comey intervention affected the election results but, given the narrow margin of the Trump victory and Hillary's massive popular vote, it's reasonable to assume that Hillary may well have won.
                  You mean massive Californian vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                    YAWN!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                      Trump won because of the electoral college set up, and only won that by a tiny 80,000 vote margin in 3 states, so Hillary's massive popular vote margin of 3 million over Trump came from votes cast all around the country, not just California. By your logic we should discount the Trump votes in traditionally red states which Trump won by enormous margins. Oh, wait, he didn't win any states by such enormous margins!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post

It's just as reasonable to believe she wouldn't have.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                          But you nevertheless saw fit to vote for the unethical creature who questioned Obama's legitimacy for 8 years on the basis of a total lie, namely Obama's place of birth. He has yet to offer an apology for this.
                          Source: FOX News

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...-movement.html

© Copyright Original Source

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                          We will never know just how much the Russian leaks and the last minute Comey intervention affected the election results...
                          Yeah, we'll never know because there is zero evidence they had any significant impact at all.

Oh, and the Comey "intervention" worked in Hillary's favor because it gave liberals one last chance to promote the "Hillary was cleared of any wrongdoing" false narrative just days before the election.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Trump won because of the electoral college set up, and only won that by a tiny 80,000 vote margin in 3 states, so Hillary's massive popular vote margin of 3 million over Trump came from votes cast all around the country, not just California. By your logic we should discount the Trump votes in traditionally red states which Trump won by enormous margins. Oh, wait, he didn't win any states by such enormous margins!
                            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                              If you remove California from the equation then Hillary's popular vote "victory" evaporates, meaning that this narrative that there was a wave of popular support all across the country for Hillary also evaporates. In any reasonable analysis, California is an outlier.

And that's before we even start talking about the number of illegal votes that were almost certainly cast in Hillary's favor.

Source: Investors Business Daily

A 2014 study in the online Electoral Studies Journal shows that in the 2008 and 2010 elections, illegal immigrant votes were in fact quite high.

"We find that some noncitizens participate in U.S. elections, and that this participation has been large enough to change meaningful election outcomes including Electoral College votes, and congressional elections," wrote Jesse T. Richman, Gulshan A. Chattha, both of Old Dominion University, and David C. Earnest of George Mason University.

More specifically, they write, "Noncitizen votes likely gave Senate Democrats the pivotal 60th vote needed to overcome filibusters in order to pass health care reform and other Obama administration priorities in the 111th Congress."

Specifically, the authors say that illegals may have cast as many as 2.8 million votes in 2008 and 2010. That's a lot of votes. And when you consider the population of illegal inhabitants has only grown since then, it's not unreasonable to suppose that their vote has, too.

http://www.investors.com/politics/ed...-vote-in-2016/

Source: Breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-of-precincts/

Source: The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/23/u...lons.html?_r=0

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...fraud-coverup/

Comment

If you remove California from the equation then Hillary's popular vote "victory" evaporates, meaning that this narrative that there was a wave of popular support all across the country for Hillary also evaporates. In any reasonable analysis, California is an outlier.
                                Out of 127 million or so votes, if you remove California from the equation, Trump would have won by a mere 1.4 million votes. spread that out over 49 states and and it doesn't amount to much. You don't get to remove one states tally, like California's, just to make yourself feel better. There is only one country, so there is no such thing as an outlier, and Hillary won country wide by 3 million votes, and all of those people are voting for who it is they want to lead the country, not their states.
                                And that's before we even start talking about the number of illegal votes that were almost certainly cast in Hillary's favor.

Source: Investors Business Daily

A 2014 study in the online Electoral Studies Journal shows that in the 2008 and 2010 elections, illegal immigrant votes were in fact quite high.

"We find that some noncitizens participate in U.S. elections, and that this participation has been large enough to change meaningful election outcomes including Electoral College votes, and congressional elections," wrote Jesse T. Richman, Gulshan A. Chattha, both of Old Dominion University, and David C. Earnest of George Mason University.

More specifically, they write, "Noncitizen votes likely gave Senate Democrats the pivotal 60th vote needed to overcome filibusters in order to pass health care reform and other Obama administration priorities in the 111th Congress."

Specifically, the authors say that illegals may have cast as many as 2.8 million votes in 2008 and 2010. That's a lot of votes. And when you consider the population of illegal inhabitants has only grown since then, it's not unreasonable to suppose that their vote has, too.

Yeah, except that the authors study has been debunked. Fake news! Which Trumped didn't mind using to his advantage.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-of-precincts/

Source: The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/23/u...lons.html?_r=0

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...fraud-coverup/

And this is your brain on Breitbart.
                                Last edited by JimL; 01-17-2017, 12:02 PM.

Comment