Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FBI, DHS release report on Russia hacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    No, there are in fact only two choices available in this instance, even if you consider both to be bad choices.

The arbiters of whether or not these claims are “true” are the organisations whose job it is to investigate them. They have access to information upon which to base their judgements whereas you do not. Hence, it’s more reasonable to accept their findings rather than rely on the word of a man such as Trump protecting his own personal interests.
    Apparently members of the local police force seem to think that you are an international uranium smuggler. They, of course, being in charge of investigating such crimes, no doubt know better than you the truth of the matter.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
      People are saying that the real reason you live in Thailand is that you're on the run from the authorities. They say you sold a whole bunch of Australian uranium to the North Koreans... pretty serious stuff... Lots of people saying this... "Where there's smoke there's fire"

You should probably be in jail...
      Oh pulease! This has been established with a "high level of confidence" by the US Intelligence Agencies has it? Because they have 'a high level of confidence' that Putin personally oversaw Russia’s attack on the US election.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• It has gotten to the point where I can no longer take liberals seriously, because I have trouble believing that anybody could actually be this stupid and ignorant, yet they're pretending to be for reasons that I don't entirely understand.

Look, guys, you can convince yourselves all you want that Trump is an illegitimate president, but Trump doesn't believe it, and he's not going to govern like it. That's a dead end narrative that's just going to marginalize liberals.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          That's a dead end narrative that's just going to marginalize liberals.

Well, I can't say that's a problem that's going to make me lose sleep at night.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
            Apparently members of the local police force seem to think that you are an international uranium smuggler. They, of course, being in charge of investigating such crimes, no doubt know better than you the truth of the matter.
            Actually I asked him the question before about why he lived in Thailand, a highly religious country when his beliefs dictate that religion is a bad thing. Apparently Australia, a secular country isn't good enough for him while Thailand, a Buddhist country is the place he chooses to live.
            “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Well, I do know some liberals who would disagree with Tassman and his assessments. Sargon of Arkkad on youtube being one of them who would consider him to be a member of the regressive left.
              “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Oh, I hope they keep it up for a long, long time. I just don't understand why liberals find such a pointless narrative so attractive.

Comment

Look, guys, you can convince yourselves all you want that Trump is an illegitimate president, but Trump doesn't believe it, and he's not going to govern like it. That's a dead end narrative that's just going to marginalize liberals.
                  Interestingly, Trump is the very person who spent the last eight years bitching about how Obama was NOT a “legitimate president” either and questioning Obama's birth certificate. The difference is that there was never any real doubt about Obama’s legitimacy whereas...........
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only people questioning Trump's legitimacy are liberal morons who can't stand the fact that he won.

Comment

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only people questioning Trump's legitimacy are liberal morons who can't stand the fact that he won.
                      So you, like Trump, must be a conservative moron for questioning Obamas legitimacy because you couldn't stand the fact that he won? The Republicans modis operandi is to always accuse the opposition of doing the evil when it is actually they themselves who are doing it. Trump has learned this tactic well. Trump is a creator of fake news, remember his; "I have people in Hawai and you wouldn't believe what they are finding," accept he never had people in Hawai, and they never found anything. Trump and the Russian's pulled it off, he is going to be the president whether legit or not, but don't fool yourself into believing that Trump himself is legit, the only legitimate thing about Trump is that he is a fraud, a con man, and a thief who will now be President, elected by some of the most politically naive, easily conned, people in the world

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                        So you, like Trump, must be a conservative moron for questioning Obamas legitimacy because you couldn't stand the fact that he won? The Republicans modis operandi is to always accuse the opposition of doing the evil when it is actually they themselves who are doing it. Trump has learned this tactic well. Trump is a creator of fake news, remember his; "I have people in Hawai and you wouldn't believe what they are finding," accept he never had people in Hawai, and they never found anything. Trump and the Russian's pulled it off, he is going to be the president whether legit or not, but don't fool yourself into believing that Trump himself is legit, the only legitimate thing about Trump is that he is a fraud, a con man, and a thief who will now be President, elected by some of the most politically naive, easily conned, people in the world
                        I never questioned Obama's legitimacy, only his competence, and I think my doubts on that score have been more than justified.

Oh, but I do love the narrative that Hillary would have won if only the email leaks hadn't proven how rotten she really was.

Comment

I never questioned Obama's legitimacy, only his competence, and I think my doubts on that score have been more than justified.

Oh, but I do love the narrative that Hillary would have won if only the email leaks hadn't proven how rotten she really was.
                          Actually you did doubt the legitimacy of his birth certificate:

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          This all assumes Obama really was born in Hawaii, but nobody has ever laid eyes on his physical birth certificate. All we have is a multi-layer PDF file of questionable authenticity.

To be fair, it could be genuine, but there are enough oddities in the file to create reasonable doubt.
                          βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                          ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                            Actually you did doubt the legitimacy of his birth certificate:
                            I said there's room for reasonable doubt and not that I actually shared those doubts.

Comment

I said there's room for reasonable doubt and not that I actually shared those doubts.
                              Oh, so on what did you base your confidence that his birth certificate was legitimate despite its questionable authenticity and this reasonable doubt?
                              βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                              ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                                Oh, so on what did you base your confidence that his birth certificate was legitimate despite its questionable authenticity and this reasonable doubt?

I considered it a non-issue.

Comment