Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FBI, DHS release report on Russia hacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI, DHS release report on Russia hacking

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...russia-hacking

Originally posted by link
    The FBI and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) on Thursday released a joint report detailing how federal investigators linked the Russian government to hacks of Democratic Party organizations.
    Here is the report https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/defaul...R_16-20296.pdf

No spam, talk about the content of the article itself and, especially, the JAR. This is about our national security and not partisan politics. Demi Conservative and LPoT are pre-banned.

You'll probably ban me too, because I'm going to ask the same questions you've been avoiding all over Tweb.

Assuming this is true, where is your outrage at Obama for allowing this to happen on his watch? He's been in charge of the country for EIGHT YEARS, now.

A bonus question - why is it he's only concerned about it now that he believes the Russians hacked the Democrats?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Paper contains no actual explanation for why they think it was russian intelligence servers, in case someone looking for that thinks it's worth wasting time reading. It is a good summary of cyber-security incompetence and neglect (until Hillary lost the election and the DNC needed a distraction from their own incompetence).

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
      This is about our national security and not partisan politics.
      lol the entire issue is a partisan issue, good luck discussing it with yourself.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        You'll probably ban me too, because I'm going to ask the same questions you've been avoiding all over Tweb.

Assuming this is true, where is your outrage at Obama for allowing this to happen on his watch? He's been in charge of the country for EIGHT YEARS, now.

A bonus question - why is it he's only concerned about it now that he believes the Russians hacked the Democrats?
        There have been far bigger hackings than this one and Obama (and the media) completely ignored them. They would have ignored this one too if they didn't need the story to distract attention away from the fact that the DNC leadership is grossly incompetent and in need of purging. And the funniest thing is that it's working. The average Democrat is dumber than a sack of bricks, and while their leaders may not be able to run a country, they sure can easily fool rubes like jaecp.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

No spam, talk about the content of the article itself and, especially, the JAR. This is about our national security and not partisan politics. Demi Conservative and LPoT are pre-banned.
          It's called 'spying'.
          Are people surprised this happens?

Here is a fun fact for you to consider: Because people are constantly trying to hack our computers where I work nobody ever considers going after the hackers to be feasible. The onus is on our security team to keep the data secure and they can lose their jobs if they fail. That is the reality of the fall out of hacking for everyone except, apparently, the Democratic Party. It no way is it a viable defense for us in the private/semi-private sector to blame the hackers when they get our data.

So yeah, what the Russians did was wrong but short of war there is no way to stop them other than the Democrats deciding to take cyber security seriously.
          No matter what, it has to start there.
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Just to be clear: We are expected to trash relations with a super power because the Democrats found themselves embarrassed by unethical stuff found on their poorly managed servers.
            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

The DNC is not a government agency, so it is not a matter of national security, but a matter of a private entity's corporate security
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Jaecp,
                I know this thread isn't the fun you were expecting.
                The fact is the Democrat Party is really mis-behaving right now.
                They're being spoiled children - not you personally, but the leadership.

The Democrats have better issues to offer you than this one.
                Don't throw yourself on your spear for this issue.
                Find a better issue and keep the conservative chuckleheads in check.

This just isn't that issue.

-Meh Gerbil

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                  Jaecp,
                  I know this thread isn't the fun you were expecting.
                  The fact is the Democrat Party is really mis-behaving right now.
                  They're being spoiled children - not you personally, but the leadership.

The Democrats have better issues to offer you than this one.
                  Don't throw yourself on your spear for this issue.
                  Find a better issue and keep the conservative chuckleheads in check.

This just isn't that issue.

-Meh Gerbil
                  I wasn't expecting fun. I was expecting the moderators of this website to follow their own rules which allow an OP to contain rules that are supposed to be adhered to.

Comment

I wasn't expecting fun. I was expecting the moderators of this website to follow their own rules which allow an OP to contain rules that are supposed to be adhered to.
                    If my response didn't abide by your rules then you have my apologies.
                    I wanted to touch on why I consider the entire issue to be little more than smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                      If my response didn't abide by your rules then you have my apologies.
                      I wanted to touch on why I consider the entire issue to be little more than smoke and mirrors.
                      Yours did, I'm just on my phone. I'll give a real reply later to you and DE. Apologies for the lack of clarity.

CP and Bill, please leave the thread until I make a reply to the both of you via pm later about why you're off topic. Don't reply to this.

@others- this is a focused discussion. Stay on topic

Comment

CP and Bill, please leave the thread...
                        I knew it -- you can't answer questions so you throw me out. No prob, Juvie! I'm gone - no PM necessary.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yours did, I'm just on my phone. I'll give a real reply later to you and DE. Apologies for the lack of clarity.

CP and Bill, please leave the thread until I make a reply to the both of you via pm later about why you're off topic. Don't reply to this.

@others- this is a focused discussion. Stay on topic
                          I'm sorry, but no. My response was in line with the JAR and your claim in the OP that "this is a matter of national security". The hack of the DNC is not. Your OP is wrong. Now, if you'd like to open a new thread on Grizzly Steppe and talk about the impact on ACTUAL national security, then I'll be happy to discuss the contents of the JAR, which are quite familiar concepts to me. But when you mention the DNC and then include that hack in "national security", you will be corrected.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

No problemo.
                            By way of providing a source, here is one example of why I'd consider hacking to be 'business as usual.'

Bear in mind that the Germans are our allies:http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...erican-2485433

Comment

I'll leave too, if you want, but an attack on the DNC is not an attack on our national security; the DNC is not an arm of our government. Maybe you'd better explain in-thread why you think this is not on topic.

I don't like it that other countries attempt to influence the US by fair means or foul, but it's sort of a back-handed compliment; they wouldn't do it if the actions of the US were inconsequential.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment