Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

I'm Learning to Knit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    That explains the wheel of badminton rackets you're hooking up to the Dodge V8...
    Found a better way.

But now they all want a "ride."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

There is not as much wool in this thread as I am sure the starter intended.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

But I got a couple more rows done yesterday!
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

My sister and I are going to be knitting the same shawl pattern, with different wool, starting when I go visit her at the end of April. Check it out on Ravelry, it's called Something Wicked This Way Comes, by Karen......somebody, I can't remember her last name.

Only problem is, there are some issues with the pattern. My sis, who also is a designer, is frantically working to get the problems resolved before I come. I have to actually be knitting the thing before I figure out there are issues.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Coolness! Bet they come out great once she gets it fixed!
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Yeah, it's a gorgeous pattern. Almost drool-worthy!

This will be our second "knitalong". We did one last year. It has 5000 beads! Called "In Dreams". You can find that one on Ravelry, too. Mine isn't blocked yet, I am taking it with me for my sis to help me. But hers is blocked and when she gets around to posting pics on Ravelry I will let you know.

This one doesn't have any beads, but we are putting some in anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  There are a lot of people out there who buy wheels and then get new ones and sell the older ones, and sometimes you can get a good deal on a used wheel. Check spinners guilds in your area or online.
                  I am a woodworker. I will probably end up building my own after I try a few and see what style I like. That is off in the distant future, though, or at least what looks like the distance from here. For now I will keep using and making drop spindles, mostly because I can take those with me to work and spin on breaks. I have a few more whorls cut out and shaft dowels bought and will be working on those for now. Spalted pecan with a mahogany shaft and a gloss finish. I can't wait to see how they turn out.
                  Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                    I am a woodworker. I will probably end up building my own after I try a few and see what style I like. That is off in the distant future, though, or at least what looks like the distance from here. For now I will keep using and making drop spindles, mostly because I can take those with me to work and spin on breaks. I have a few more whorls cut out and shaft dowels bought and will be working on those for now. Spalted pecan with a mahogany shaft and a gloss finish. I can't wait to see how they turn out.
                    That is fabulous!

You go, girl!

Comment

• Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                      Oooohhhh.... <drools>

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment