Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

I'm Learning to Knit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Yeah, well I don't believe you since you said that you were just NOW learning how to knit.
    I learned how to sew in high school. I learned leather work in the SCA in college. And yes, I know how to sew leather.

Only an idiot would knit a yarn straight jacket for a squirrel! He'd be out faster than they could get him in. Heck, I had to add chain mail at the collar to keep him from gnawing out of the thing!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      I learned how to sew in high school. I learned leather work in the SCA in college. And yes, I know how to sew leather.

Only an idiot would knit a yarn straight jacket for a squirrel! He'd be out faster than they could get him in. Heck, I had to add chain mail at the collar to keep him from gnawing out of the thing!

You are calling yourself an idiot? I posted the picture of the sweater you knitted Rogue's squirrel. sheesh.

Comment

You are calling yourself an idiot? I posted the picture of the sweater you knitted Rogue's squirrel. sheesh.
        That was Squee, Squeaker's niece. Mrs. Collins knitted that for her.

You're an idiot, just so you know...
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

That was Squee, Squeaker's niece. Mrs. Collins knitted that for her.

You're an idiot, just so you know...
          sorry but you are insane and never admit to being wrong even when there is photographic evidence against you. It is the kitty litter you keep huffing.

Here is something else you are knitting and the picture to prove it.

Comment

Ah the Sparko Plaque that commemorates my unafearedness. I am still here. Not afeared one little bit.
            Only because the smell of bacon brought you back as a zombie pirate

zombiesparko.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Oh please - I made Po one straight jacket about four years ago when Squeakers was having his break down. He's been fine since then and Po shipped the jacket back to me.
              A knitted straitjacket? Want to know the real reason someone would send something like that back?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Only because the smell of bacon brought you back as a zombie pirate

[ATTACH=CONFIG]424[/ATTACH]
                The smell of bacon will bring anyone back!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  A knitted straitjacket? Want to know the real reason someone would send something like that back?

It was made from leather and canvas and you know it! Just for that, make your own darn squirrel robes from now on!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

It was made from leather and canvas and you know it! Just for that, make your own darn squirrel robes from now on!
                    Squirrel robes?

Comment

I think squirrel armor would be better:

Comment

Guis...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I think squirrel armor would be better:

Clanked too much for stealth. They are ninja after all.

They prefer this

Comment

You guys can get off topic faster than anybody I know.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

They never get on topic, that's why.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

They never get on topic, that's why.
                                That explains so much!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment