Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.12.31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.12.31

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2016: Year of the Blessing…
    An invitation from 2017…
    Shalom!

The last several days I’ve search and praying for a scripture that set forth a theme that would serve as an invitation from the Holy Spirit to anticipate and experience God in 2017. The first 3 verses of Isaiah 55 fills the bill. “Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink— even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk— it’s all free! Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength? Why pay for food that does you no good? Listen to me, and you will eat what is good. You will enjoy the finest food. “Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen, and you will find life. I will make an everlasting covenant with you. I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David.” (Isaiah 55:1–3, NLT)

2016 for me has been a year filled with struggles yet my struggles have been overshadowed through my relationship with God. Over and over the following scripture has proved itself truthful.“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33, NLT) And strangely enough it is the trials, sorrows, and struggles experienced that causes the hunger and thirst for a deeper relationship with God.

My theme for this year has been: 2016:Year of the Blessing. And when I began I expected the mountain top blessings. I looked for my lung capacity to improve, it did not I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Many of the other mountain top blessings I expected never materialized. While I expected mountain top blessings as 2016 comes to an end and I look back instead of mountain top blessings they were gentle rolling hill blessings chief among them were the ever present unrelenting presence of the Holy Spirit.

As I sit here in our living room looking at our partially decorated Christmas Tree it stands not as a beautiful showroom decorated Christmas Tree but instead as an unfinished life illuminated with the tiny points of white light each one representing the flow of heavens light into the unknown of 2017.

I have chosen for the theme of 2017 as 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing Jehovah-Jireh, the LORD who sees and provides. I firmly believe as long as we keep anticipating and experiencing God the gentle rolling hill blessings will fill 2017, and maybe, just maybe somewhere along the journey to 2018 we’ll experience a few mountain-top blessings as well.

Only God knows and He rarely gives sneak previews.

Happy New Year from Patti and Gary Piper!

“I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”**

GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Romans 15:13, NLT
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X