Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Megyn Kelly Leaving Fox...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Reece View Post
    Sparko's opinion is not "right-wing"; it is simply right.

To characterize Sparko's opinion as "right-wing" calls into question the perspective of the one who mischaracterizes an opinion as "right-wing" when said opinion is merely and truly and really right, true, and just.

well conservatives are called the "right" for a reason.

Maybe we should start calling the liberals "the wrong"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Ecclesiastes 10:1-3New International Version (NIV)

10 As dead flies give perfume a bad smell,
      so a little folly outweighs wisdom and honor.
      2 The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
      but the heart of the fool to the left.

3 Even as fools walk along the road,
      they lack sense
      and show everyone how stupid they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        Ecclesiastes 10:1-3New International Version (NIV)

10 As dead flies give perfume a bad smell,
        so a little folly outweighs wisdom and honor.
        2 The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
        but the heart of the fool to the left.

3 Even as fools walk along the road,
        they lack sense
        and show everyone how stupid they are.

Perfect!

Comment

We don't?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by John Reece View Post
            Sparko's opinion is not "right-wing"; it is simply right.

To characterize Sparko's opinion as "right-wing" calls into question the perspective of the one who mischaracterizes an opinion as "right-wing" when said opinion is merely and truly and really right, true, and just.
            I'll meet you half-way and agree that Sparko's opinion is simple. But I have trouble accepting as completely true and just any summation of a political issue that refuses to acknowledge any legitimate claim or grievance, no matter how small, by the other party.

BLM itself is left-leaning, so we can look to their own arguments and principles for a left-leaning interpretation: http://blacklivesmatter.com/guiding-principles/
            Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
              BLM itself is left-leaning, so we can look to their own arguments and principles for a left-leaning interpretation: http://blacklivesmatter.com/guiding-principles/
              I think it's far more telling to look at their actions instead of their words.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Drat! Meant to report that

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post

But as soon as you call BLM itself a hate group or accuse them of encouraging violence against police, you've abandoned the idea that the other side is acting in good faith, and that's a step too far for me.
                  But they do. It's a fact shown by the actions of the BLM members and followers in the public square, as shown on the news. They are not acting "in good faith"

Comment

But they do. It's a fact shown by the actions of the BLM members and followers in the public square, as shown on the news. They are not acting "in good faith"
                    The entire movement springs from the "hands up" type of lie that even the media bought into. "he was shot in the back like a dog in the street" Lies.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      exactly. their actions don't show them merely wanting police to be honest and do their job. It shows they hate the police and want to destroy law and order.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        How many BLM protests and demonstrations have there been across America in the past year? How many of these have led to violence? What proportion of the people who participated in these protests engaged in violence?

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. It's good to know that when I put time and effort into a post, other posters will take the time to read and understand what I'm trying to communicate, and will then thoughtfully engage with the points I've raised instead of ignoring them entirely and repeating the same tired argument over and over.

Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                          You are yourself a leftist who delusionally thinks he isn't one so I'm not surprised you think Megyn Kelly isn't one either.
                          "The Jesus Christ who saves sinners is the same Christ who beckons his followers to serious use of their minds for serious explorations of the world." - Mark Noll

"It cannot be that the people should grow in grace unless they give themselves to reading." - John Wesley

"Wherever men are still theological, there is still some chance of their being logical." - G. K. Chesterton

Comment