Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

A Praise Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Praise Report

I have had a series of health crises that have fallen short of serious damage. A short time back I was admitted to the local hospital with a diagnosis of TIA (a mini stroke); however, a cardiologist changed the diagnosis to something less serious.

Just this New Years' Eve my wife found me comatose sitting in front of my iMac in my new "task chair" ― a high chair with a chrome ring around the bottom on which to rest one's feet. She could not elicit any response from me, so she called 911 and a crew came and could not rouse me, so they took me to WakeMed Hospital in Raleigh, where I regained consciousness, waking up in a hospital bed and finding myself being treated like an incompetent who could no longer care for himself or manage his own affairs. The doctor said I was admitted with a tentative diagnosis of a stroke, but tests did not show that to be the case; so I was given a diagnosis of "Transient Alteration of Consciousness" with a recommendation that I be sent to a rehab facility or be monitored at home by a government-paid healthcare worker.

The doctor would not sign discharge papers for me to leave the hospital unless I consented to at least the latter option. Now my wife and I have to cancel a scheduled appointment for someone to come to our home tomorrow to evaluate my home situation and my ability to manage my own life, as our friends and neighbors, including a retired nurse, insist that it is ridiculous for us to be subjected to such requirements.

The doctor has been treating me as though I have had a debilitating stroke, after he has ruled out that diagnosis.

Anyhow, that's just the background story. I am as full of praise to God as I have ever been, if not more so. Not least of all because I have learned things via these episodes that will enable me to lessen the likelihood of more serious problems in the future.

The doctor said the most likely factor in my most recent admission to hospital is severe dehydration, which is a chronic problem stemming from my lack of a colon, and recently exacerbated by the fact that I was finding it difficult to drink water after my last abdominal surgery, so I started drinking coffee to supplement the water drinking. Problem with that was, I began to drink more and more coffee, which is very dehydrating.

So, the trip to the hospital has broken me of drinking any coffee or any caffeinated beverage at all.

Bottom line: Praise God!!! Life is good!

Glad to hear you are ok John. Blessed be the Lord.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

God is good. He has given you and us all more time here on Earth. Thank you Lord!

Comment

Amen!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Many thanks for all the amens and comments, dear friends!

You all really do mean a lot to me.

Comment

For John's eyes only:

ἀπεκρίθη Ἰησοῦς καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῇ· Πᾶς ὁ πίνων ἐκ τοῦ ὕδατος τούτου διψήσει πάλιν· ὃς δ’ ἂν πίῃ ἐκ τοῦ ὕδατος οὗ ἐγὼ δώσω αὐτῷ, οὐ μὴ ⸀διψήσει εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα, ἀλλὰ τὸ ὕδωρ ὃ δώσω αὐτῷ γενήσεται ἐν αὐτῷ πηγὴ ὕδατος ἁλλομένου εἰς ζωὴν αἰώνιον.

ἐγὼ τῷ διψῶντι δώσω ἐκ τῆς πηγῆς τοῦ ὕδατος τῆς ζωῆς δωρεάν. ὁ νικῶν κληρονομήσει ταῦτα, καὶ ἔσομαι αὐτῷ θεὸς καὶ αὐτὸς ἔσται μοι υἱός.

Καὶ εἶδον οὐρανὸν καινὸν καὶ γῆν καινήν· ὁ γὰρ πρῶτος οὐρανὸς καὶ ἡ πρώτη γῆ ἀπῆλθαν, καὶ ἡ θάλασσα οὐκ ἔστιν ἔτι. καὶ τὴν πόλιν τὴν ἁγίαν Ἰερουσαλὴμ καινὴν εἶδον καταβαίνουσαν ἐκ τοῦ οὐρανοῦ ἀπὸ τοῦ θεοῦ, ἡτοιμασμένην ὡς νύμφην κεκοσμημένην τῷ ἀνδρὶ αὐτῆς. καὶ ἤκουσα φωνῆς μεγάλης ἐκ τοῦ ⸀θρόνου λεγούσης· Ἰδοὺ ἡ σκηνὴ τοῦ θεοῦ μετὰ τῶν ἀνθρώπων, καὶ σκηνώσει μετ’ αὐτῶν, καὶ αὐτοὶ ⸀λαοὶ αὐτοῦ ἔσονται, καὶ αὐτὸς ὁ θεὸς ⸂μετ’ αὐτῶν ἔσται⸃, καὶ ἐξαλείψει πᾶν δάκρυον ⸀ἐκ τῶν ὀφθαλμῶν αὐτῶν, καὶ ὁ θάνατος οὐκ ἔσται ἔτι· οὔτε πένθος οὔτε κραυγὴ οὔτε πόνος οὐκ ἔσται ⸀ἔτι. τὰ πρῶτα ἀπῆλθαν. Καὶ εἶπεν ὁ καθήμενος ἐπὶ τῷ θρόνῳ· Ἰδοὺ ⸂καινὰ ποιῶ πάντα⸃. καὶ ⸀λέγει· Γράψον, ὅτι οὗτοι οἱ λόγοι ⸂πιστοὶ καὶ ἀληθινοί⸃ εἰσιν.
            Last edited by robrecht; 01-04-2017, 12:59 PM.
            βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
            ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
              For John's eyes only:

ἀπεκρίθη Ἰησοῦς καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῇ· Πᾶς ὁ πίνων ἐκ τοῦ ὕδατος τούτου διψήσει πάλιν· ὃς δ’ ἂν πίῃ ἐκ τοῦ ὕδατος οὗ ἐγὼ δώσω αὐτῷ, οὐ μὴ ⸀διψήσει εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα, ἀλλὰ τὸ ὕδωρ ὃ δώσω αὐτῷ γενήσεται ἐν αὐτῷ πηγὴ ὕδατος ἁλλομένου εἰς ζωὴν αἰώνιον.

ἐγὼ τῷ διψῶντι δώσω ἐκ τῆς πηγῆς τοῦ ὕδατος τῆς ζωῆς δωρεάν. ὁ νικῶν κληρονομήσει ταῦτα, καὶ ἔσομαι αὐτῷ θεὸς καὶ αὐτὸς ἔσται μοι υἱός.

Καὶ εἶδον οὐρανὸν καινὸν καὶ γῆν καινήν· ὁ γὰρ πρῶτος οὐρανὸς καὶ ἡ πρώτη γῆ ἀπῆλθαν, καὶ ἡ θάλασσα οὐκ ἔστιν ἔτι. καὶ τὴν πόλιν τὴν ἁγίαν Ἰερουσαλὴμ καινὴν εἶδον καταβαίνουσαν ἐκ τοῦ οὐρανοῦ ἀπὸ τοῦ θεοῦ, ἡτοιμασμένην ὡς νύμφην κεκοσμημένην τῷ ἀνδρὶ αὐτῆς. καὶ ἤκουσα φωνῆς μεγάλης ἐκ τοῦ ⸀θρόνου λεγούσης· Ἰδοὺ ἡ σκηνὴ τοῦ θεοῦ μετὰ τῶν ἀνθρώπων, καὶ σκηνώσει μετ’ αὐτῶν, καὶ αὐτοὶ ⸀λαοὶ αὐτοῦ ἔσονται, καὶ αὐτὸς ὁ θεὸς ⸂μετ’ αὐτῶν ἔσται⸃, καὶ ἐξαλείψει πᾶν δάκρυον ⸀ἐκ τῶν ὀφθαλμῶν αὐτῶν, καὶ ὁ θάνατος οὐκ ἔσται ἔτι· οὔτε πένθος οὔτε κραυγὴ οὔτε πόνος οὐκ ἔσται ⸀ἔτι. τὰ πρῶτα ἀπῆλθαν. Καὶ εἶπεν ὁ καθήμενος ἐπὶ τῷ θρόνῳ· Ἰδοὺ ⸂καινὰ ποιῶ πάντα⸃. καὶ ⸀λέγει· Γράψον, ὅτι οὗτοι οἱ λόγοι ⸂πιστοὶ καὶ ἀληθινοί⸃ εἰσιν.
              Many thanks, robrecht. 🙂 This is for for your eyes:

בָּ֘ר֤וּךְ יְהוָ֨ה אֱלֹ֘הֵ֤י יִשְׂרָאֵ֗ל מֵֽ֭הָעוֹלָם וְעַ֥ד הָעוֹלָ֗ם אָ֘מֵ֥ן וְאָמֵֽן׃

Comment

Sorry, I couldn't 'אָמֵֽן' that twice!
                βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                  Sorry, I couldn't 'אָמֵֽן' that twice!

My wife just drove onto the carport; time to focus on her...

Comment