Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Gas Station Fish

  1. #21
    Theologyweb's Official Grandfather
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Peter's Creek, Alaska
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,907
    Amen (Given)
    20235
    Amen (Received)
    6494
    It has been literally decades since I bought any food from a gas station.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

  2. #22
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    50,153
    Amen (Given)
    10759
    Amen (Received)
    23419
    Quote Originally Posted by Faber View Post
    Reminds me of those signs, "Eat Here & Get Gas."
    When we're leaving on a trip, my wife will ask "did you get gas" and I'll respond "yes, ma'am, but I took something for it, and I feel much better now. Thank you for asking".
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

  3. #23
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    19,571
    Amen (Given)
    14787
    Amen (Received)
    8729
    I like that you call your wife ma'am.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  4. #24
    tWebber ReformedApologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Reformed Baptist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    85
    Amen (Given)
    6
    Amen (Received)
    26
    I particular enjoy Chicken Strips, Taquitos, and breakfast burritos from the quick-trip. I also enjoy sandwiches from Luv's Truck Stop.

  5. #25
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    50,153
    Amen (Given)
    10759
    Amen (Received)
    23419
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    I like that you call your wife ma'am.
    I guess I actually do -- hadn't thought about that.

    It's kinda funny, cause Ryleigh, our granddaughter, is in the High School Dance Team, and the very first week of practice she was awarded "The Queen of Yes Ma'am" award.

    I guess it's just how we talk.
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

  6. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
  7. #26
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    19,571
    Amen (Given)
    14787
    Amen (Received)
    8729
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I guess I actually do -- hadn't thought about that.

    It's kinda funny, cause Ryleigh, our granddaughter, is in the High School Dance Team, and the very first week of practice she was awarded "The Queen of Yes Ma'am" award.

    I guess it's just how we talk.
    We had a lengthy (read half a day) meeting with our financial advisor about a year and a half ago and he was being monitored by somebody from head office. Everything the monitor said was preceded by "yes ma'am" or "no ma'am" when he was talking directly to me. I could tell from his accent that he was not originally from the north, but from a southerly US location. I asked him, and he said, "Yes ma'am, I'm from North Carolina".

    It was nice.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  8. #27
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    50,153
    Amen (Given)
    10759
    Amen (Received)
    23419
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    We had a lengthy (read half a day) meeting with our financial advisor about a year and a half ago and he was being monitored by somebody from head office. Everything the monitor said was preceded by "yes ma'am" or "no ma'am" when he was talking directly to me. I could tell from his accent that he was not originally from the north, but from a southerly US location. I asked him, and he said, "Yes ma'am, I'm from North Carolina".

    It was nice.
    What's really nice is when you come across somebody who talks like that, and you know it's GENUINE. All too often, I've run into, for example, waitstaff, who will use the "yes ma'am, yes sir" stuff, but you can kinda tell it's not natural - they just want a bigger tip.
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

  9. #28
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    19,571
    Amen (Given)
    14787
    Amen (Received)
    8729
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    What's really nice is when you come across somebody who talks like that, and you know it's GENUINE. All too often, I've run into, for example, waitstaff, who will use the "yes ma'am, yes sir" stuff, but you can kinda tell it's not natural - they just want a bigger tip.
    Yup. And this fellow was an older gentleman and I could tell that this was in his upbringing. It came totally naturally to him.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •