Gas Station Fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    The handicap thing is okay, it's the looting, burning down property, and salting their crops that's getting on people's nerves.
    What's my hook got to do with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      What's your favorite gas station food? (chewin' tobakki don't count)
      Coffee. Especially if it's either pumpkin spice or peppermint mocha.
      ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Every once in a while, I'll get a gas station hot dog - especially the jalapeno sausage one - cause it's quick and convenient, and really good in a "bad for you" kind of way.
        Reminds me of those signs, "Eat Here & Get Gas."
        When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          How the heck do you find these people? You always seem to meet the most interesting people.

I have to stop at a gas station/convenient store on the way home today. If there is anything interesting there (read "looks edible") I will try it and report back. I might even take a photo or two.
          so all they had were donuts and these mummified hot dogs

2017-01-06 16.40.01.jpg

I didn't risk it.

Comment

We have a gas station near a railroad. It's called the Whistle Stop. They have the BEST fried chicken strips
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It has been literally decades since I bought any food from a gas station.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                Reminds me of those signs, "Eat Here & Get Gas."
                When we're leaving on a trip, my wife will ask "did you get gas" and I'll respond "yes, ma'am, but I took something for it, and I feel much better now. Thank you for asking".
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I like that you call your wife ma'am.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I particular enjoy Chicken Strips, Taquitos, and breakfast burritos from the quick-trip. I also enjoy sandwiches from Luv's Truck Stop.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      I like that you call your wife ma'am.
                      I guess I actually do -- hadn't thought about that.

It's kinda funny, cause Ryleigh, our granddaughter, is in the High School Dance Team, and the very first week of practice she was awarded "The Queen of Yes Ma'am" award.

I guess it's just how we talk.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I guess I actually do -- hadn't thought about that.

It's kinda funny, cause Ryleigh, our granddaughter, is in the High School Dance Team, and the very first week of practice she was awarded "The Queen of Yes Ma'am" award.

I guess it's just how we talk.
                        We had a lengthy (read half a day) meeting with our financial advisor about a year and a half ago and he was being monitored by somebody from head office. Everything the monitor said was preceded by "yes ma'am" or "no ma'am" when he was talking directly to me. I could tell from his accent that he was not originally from the north, but from a southerly US location. I asked him, and he said, "Yes ma'am, I'm from North Carolina".

It was nice.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          We had a lengthy (read half a day) meeting with our financial advisor about a year and a half ago and he was being monitored by somebody from head office. Everything the monitor said was preceded by "yes ma'am" or "no ma'am" when he was talking directly to me. I could tell from his accent that he was not originally from the north, but from a southerly US location. I asked him, and he said, "Yes ma'am, I'm from North Carolina".

It was nice.
                          What's really nice is when you come across somebody who talks like that, and you know it's GENUINE. All too often, I've run into, for example, waitstaff, who will use the "yes ma'am, yes sir" stuff, but you can kinda tell it's not natural - they just want a bigger tip.

Comment

What's really nice is when you come across somebody who talks like that, and you know it's GENUINE. All too often, I've run into, for example, waitstaff, who will use the "yes ma'am, yes sir" stuff, but you can kinda tell it's not natural - they just want a bigger tip.
                            Yup. And this fellow was an older gentleman and I could tell that this was in his upbringing. It came totally naturally to him.

Comment