Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Multiple people shot at Ft. Lauderdale airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    You're going back on ignore. Are there any non-Christian posters left on these forums that are still prepared to deal with you? I know SoR and Jaecp both got sufficiently fed up with your nonsense to stop talking to you. Add me to that list. I'm done with your dishonesty, your disingenuousness, your misrepresentations, and frankly with your stupidity.
    You should be done with your dishonesty, your disingenuousness, your misrepresentations, and your stupidity first.
    The fact that science cannot make any pronouncement about ethical principles has been misinterpreted as indicating that there are no such principles; while in fact the search for truth presupposes ethics. - Karl Popper, 1987

Comment

You're going back on ignore. Are there any non-Christian posters left on these forums that are still prepared to deal with you? I know SoR and Jaecp both got sufficiently fed up with your nonsense to stop talking to you. Add me to that list. I'm done with your dishonesty, your disingenuousness, your misrepresentations, and frankly with your stupidity.
      Oh, yer breakin my heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimbulb View Post
        Seriously, man, Adrift is one of the nicest, most patient, most informed posters on Tweb. If you can't handle him then you're pretty much a lost cause.

(And I say that as someone who has butted heads with him in the past.)
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Seriously, man, Adrift is one of the nicest, most patient, most informed posters on Tweb. If you can't handle him then you're pretty much a lost cause.

(And I say that as someone who has butted heads with him in the past.)
          Thanks MM. That's very kind of you to say.

Comment

The point I was making to Adrift is that lives and thinking of religious people is often affected by their views about what their holy books say, and this sets up an inherent conflict of interest for them when it comes to biblical interpretation. The point I was making to you was that Christians in different parts of the world often believe different things or emphasize different things, and US evangelicals and TWeb are pretty bad echo-chambers. Both points are pretty self-evident.

Your bizarre ramblings about me and straw-manning Christianity remain bizarre. I assume you scream "straw man" from the top of your lungs in a nutty voice when you can't think of any other response. Are you aware that "straw man" has an actual definition and actually means something that is quite different to how you are using the term? It's not something you can just assert at random and be making any sort of relevant contribution by doing so, unless there is actually something that is being straw-manned.
            wow.

You realize that you are not the only non-American on tweb right? That we have atheists AND CHRISTIANS from all over the world on this board? And even on staff (Christian)? And we all agree on the core doctrines of orthodox Christianity? You don't really understand denominations at all either, do you? How Catholics, Orthodox, Baptists, Methodists, Amish, etc can all agree on the core doctrines of Christianity while holding varying secondary beliefs?
            Last edited by Sparko; 01-10-2017, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Speaking of cringey comebacks....
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                wow.

You realize that you are not the only non-American on tweb right? That we have atheists AND CHRISTIANS from all over the world on this board? And even on staff (Christian)? And we all agree on the core doctrines of orthodox Christianity? You don't really understand denominations at all either, do you? How Catholics, Orthodox, Baptists, Methodists, Amish, etc can all agree on the core doctrines of Christianity while holding varying secondary beliefs?
                Augustine is often credited with expressing the attitude that explains this: In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas ("in necessary things unity; in uncertain things freedom; in everything compassion") although he never actually said it. Still, it appears to reflect his view as Thomas Aquinas makes clear in his seminal Summa Theologica (1273) where he says:

"In discussing questions of this kind two rules are to be observed, as Augustine teaches. The first is, to hold to the truth of the Scripture without wavering. The second is that since Holy Scripture can be explained in a multiplicity of senses, one should adhere to a particular explanation only in such measure as to be ready to abandon it if it be proved with certainty to be false, lest Holy Scripture be exposed to the ridicule of unbelievers, and obstacles be placed to their believing."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  Speaking of cringey comebacks....
                  I found it highly ironic myself. It was like he was describing himself and how most people on tweb feel about him.

Comment

Translation: oops I've been found out to not know what I'm talking about and building strawmen. I'll try and falsely transfer my failings on my opponent to hide from the uncomfortable Truth I don't want to hear. I want the comfortable lies I've accepted instead.
                    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 01-10-2017, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                      Thanks MM. That's very kind of you to say.
                      He only says it cause it's true.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment