Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What’s is Gen Y unhappy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
    Why do you think I mentioned that my mother raised me right? It is the parenting.
    But, do you think it has anything to do with parenting?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
      Growing up, my class was taught that we were part of Generation X (I was born in 1989). I don't know when they moved the boundaries but I've never considered myself a millenial. My mother raised me right.
      Hmm, 89 seems especially late for "Generation X". I was born in 75, and I remember someone a couple years older than me back in the mid-90s commenting that they didn't think i was old enough to be a Gen-Xer. Gen X is typically understood to be people who were born or raised around the 70s. Usually born in the early/mid-60s up to the very early 80s (81/82 sounds about right).

But all of these labels are pretty nebulous. Most of the punk scene grew out of Generation X kids, but a lot of first punkers were old enough to be hippies back in the 60s, and a lot of people born when punk broke obviously missed lots of that since they were children at the time.

In my opinion, if you can distinctly remember a period of time without computers, internet, cell phones, cable TV, HD-anything, and everything with lots of ugly oranges, browns, muted greens, lots of copper in the kitchen, shag carpet, wood paneling, cars that looked like boxes, kids playing outside, and President Reagan, then you're definitely not a Gen-Y/Millennial.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        In my opinion, if you can distinctly remember a period of time without computers, internet, cell phones, cable TV, HD-anything, and everything with lots of ugly oranges, browns, muted greens, lots of copper in the kitchen, shag carpet, wood paneling, cars that looked like boxes, kids playing outside, and President Reagan, then you're definitely not a Gen-Y/Millennial.

I remember that awful avocado green and orange of the 1960's and 70's. You can still see it on old Brady Bunch and Partridge Family reruns.

Comment

Why was that color combination ever considered fashionable? I just don't get it. There are plenty of historical eras with shades of colors that I get, but I think even then I remember it looking gaudy.

Comment

Why was that color combination ever considered fashionable? I just don't get it. There are plenty of historical eras with shades of colors that I get, but I think even then I remember it looking gaudy.
            Every generation has it's "what the?" style elements. The 60's and 70's had plenty, from ugly colors to the stark uncomfortable furniture and hippy clothes. The 80's had punk, pink, blue, green and purple hair and mohawks (you know about that!)

Even today, we have some pretty ugly hairdos and color palletes. Heck just look at Windows 10 and the ugly colors they use:

windows-10-31-700x420.jpg

I think we have reverted to the 70s

2092229.jpg

Comment

Yeah, but those colors are cool!

Comment

Yeah, but those colors are cool!
                I am sure Marsha Brady thought the same about Avocado/orange

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  I am sure Marsha Brady thought the same about Avocado/orange
                  It's "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Colors

Bah humbug
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Colors

Bah humbug
                      CP is colorblind. THAT explains the 60s, Adrift!!!

Comment

I ain't color blind and I amen the CP post. Colors are great, but folks get to involved in specific colors. That Avocado green is one of my favorite colors. Of course that is because I love avocados.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Oh, I thought it was just cause he's so old that the world was all in black and white back then.

Comment

Oh, I thought it was just cause he's so old that the world was all in black and white back then.
                            no, that was in the 1950's. They invented color in the 1960s. But wait! CP was born in the 1950s! He must have missed the upgrade!

Comment

I wonder if I had really "experienced" the 60's if I would have seen color in my hallucitations.

Comment

A year or so back my brother and I pretty much had convinced his granddaughter that the world was black and white until the early 60s

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment