Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.01.09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.01.09

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing Jehovah-Jireh...
    Walking in “the Way”…
    Shalom!

When questioned by the religious leaders about who he was John the Baptist quoted the prophet Isaiah. “Listen! It’s the voice of someone shouting, “Clear the way through the wilderness for the Lord! Make a straight highway through the wasteland for our God! Fill in the valleys, and level the mountains and hills. Straighten the curves, and smooth out the rough places. Then the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together. The Lord has spoken!”” (Isaiah 40:3–5, NLT)

It was John’s appointed responsibility to be a forerunner for Jesus, to prepare the people for a deeper relationship with God. In the early days of his ministry Jesus said, ”...Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near.” (Matthew 4:17, NLT) Basically John’s message was similar, “Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Messiah is near.” John cleared “the Way” for Jesus. Jesus cleared “the Way” for the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit IS clearing “the Way” for you. That raises a question, what is “the Way”? The “the Way” is a path to a relationship with Jesus, then onto God.

Did you know you can get lost in a wilderness? Last night there was a news report where some unfortunate backpackers found themselves lost and needed to be rescued. With the Holy Spirit clearing a path through the wilderness you can’t get lost. When I think of a wasteland I think of a desert and in my imagination I see someone dying of thirst dragging himself or herself through the burning sand trying to reach an oasis which is actually a mirage. Of course that is only a metaphor for our thirst for a relationship with God. When it comes to finding ourselves in a wasteland/desert we have this testimony. “Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.’ ”” (John 7:38, NLT)

When I think of valley’s, mountains, hills, curves, and rough places I am reminded of difficulties and adversities life puts in our pathway. You’ll notice from the above scripture reading the valleys, mountains, hills, curves, and rough places are not eliminated. I don’t know about your situation but here where I need the most help from the Holy Spirit filling the valleys, leveling the mountains and hills, straightening the curves, and smoothing the rough places. And it is here where the Holy Spirit IS hard at work 24/7 preparing “the Way” for us.

“I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”**

GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Romans 15:13, NLT
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X