Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fox News anchor rips into Meryl Streep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    Still waiting...
    Give him time, his Google search engine is down?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

"[Donald Trump was accused in November 2015 of mocking a disabled NYT reporter - but videos of his other speeches suggest that he performs the same impression for whoever he mocks.
      Trump mocked New York Times journalist Serge F Kovaleskiat at a South Carolina rally by making twitching arm and face movements - which the disabled reporter took as a personal slight.
      But pro-Trump website Catholics 4 Trump says that the Republican candidate has a long history of making similar gestures while mocking other people. ]"

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        "[Donald Trump was accused in November 2015 of mocking a disabled NYT reporter - but videos of his other speeches suggest that he performs the same impression for whoever he mocks.
        Trump mocked New York Times journalist Serge F Kovaleskiat at a South Carolina rally by making twitching arm and face movements - which the disabled reporter took as a personal slight.
        But pro-Trump website Catholics 4 Trump says that the Republican candidate has a long history of making similar gestures while mocking other people. ]"
        This is very old news and was debunked months ago. Liberal spin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          NTL, that is what Streep was referring to.

Comment

But...but Princess Leia isn't real! How could she even have anything to say?
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              Just so I understand: Trump gave an opinion on an actress being overrated, and somebody fact-checked this?

Huh. I'd say that I can't take fact-checking seriously anymore, but I'm not sure I was taking it all that seriously before anyway.
              That's why I said
              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Not to mention that this is yet another example of why news organization "fact checkers" are essentially a joke.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I looked it up for you. According to the reliable, Starlight approved, Wikipedia*:

Alice Cooper: "I call it treason against rock 'n' roll because rock is the antithesis of politics. Rock should never be in bed with politics. ... When I was a kid and my parents started talking about politics, I'd run to my room and put on the Rolling Stones as loud as I could. So when I see all these rock stars up there talking politics, it makes me sick. .... If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are. Why are we rock stars? Because we're morons. We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal."

-- On Rock n Roll and political campaigns, in a statement to the Canadian Press (26 August 2005), as quoted in "Rock is on a roll with politics" by Warren Kinsella in the Globe and Mail (12 September 2004).

Now I am wondering how they could quote something from August 2005 in September of 2004? Yep. Wiki is so reliable.

*correction: from Wikiquote, but run by the same corporation and same "rules"

link: https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Alice_Cooper
                Interestingly Madonna is complaining that very few people in Hollywood voice a political view.

In an interview for Harper's Bazaar

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  So, explain this... Trump supposedly mocked his disability... by flailing his arms around... when Serge's disability makes his arm completely immobile?

Maybe he can be accused of mocking Oscar Pistoris by wiggling his toes...
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

How?!?!!? Not debunked as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by elam View Post
                      The Express (UK) - Jan 9, 2017

Imo, movie stars are full of their own self importance and should stick their heads in. Especially at award presentation...
                      Keeping his cheeks warm in hopes of getting the top job!

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                        How?!?!!? Not debunked as far as I know.
                        sources!

Comment

shunya, we're still waiting....

Comment

Her criticism of Trump is justified by the facts.
                            Might be so. However, he is a minnow compared to the multiple Clinton scandals that directly effected people in the USA for the worse....

I'm not American, I don't live in America, I am just an independent observer with nothing to gain or lose, except for a sense of security and an indirect economic gain. People like me can see, what those trapped in the headlights are blind to...

Many famous and highly paid actors are activists, but they don't go out of their way to upstage their fellow actors via self satisfying rhetoric which is meant to aggrandize themselves. Instead, they humble themselves and invest their personal energies and time for communal benefit, and their activities aren't always public knowledge...

Consider...:

Check out this AARP slideshow of the top 20 celebrity activists of all time.)"

http://blog.aarp.org/2013/03/22/harr...ical-activist/
                            Last edited by elam; 01-12-2017, 12:39 AM.

Comment

sources!
                              Sources!!!!!!!

Comment

Sources!!!!!!!
                                yes! where are they?

Comment